Help on complex extention kit

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

ballti
x4

Help on complex extention kit

Post by ballti » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 10:34

First station complex will be old fashion manual build Flail missile. TL have Build Comand Software MK1 and MK2, but cent deploy CEK. TL cen select CEK, but then no option for select station for connecting. Eny clue?
Wargasm

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Help on complex extention kit

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 11:37

If its your first complex, you need to be using the complex construction kit, this builds the complex hub and connects the factories to it.

The complex extension kits are for extending a complex, by connecting a factory to an existing complex hub.

If you don't have a complex hub in the sector, then you will have nothing to connect it to

ballti
x4

Post by ballti » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 12:14

Tx.
Wargasm

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 16:02

Some undocumented conditions about the use of the CEK. CEKs increase the number of stations a CCK in the same cargo bay can connect to. If a TL has 1 CCK and 40 CEKs, it can connect 44 stations at once! If you're building your complex manually, buy and place the CCK and CEKs last.
The range of CCK and CEK connections seems to be under 30km from the CCK hub. Use this to minimize the number of CCKs you need to buy to connect every station. CEKs are far cheaper than CCKs.
Be aware that every station has an avoidance sphere that prevents another station from being placed closer to it. The size of this sphere varies depending on the station. I recommend 4 km spacing for regular stations and 8 for SPPs and mines.
The "default" orientation of the CCK hub is with the docking ports facing south of the hub. This is important to remember if you find yourself needing more than one CCK to connect all stations. If you use a CCK to connect stations to an existing CCK hub, only the existing CCK will remain, but it will have the orientation of the new CCK. If you rotated the old one but not the new one, the old hub will not be rotated. If you rotated the new hub but not the old one, the old hub will be rotated.
If you decide you need multiple CCKs and don't want to deal with orientation, put the stations in the north and the CCK hub to the south of them. I also recommend placing the stations and hub in such a way that ships going to and from the hub will not have to pass through the complex and risk collisions.

Since this is your first complex, save before deploying anything and copy that save somewhere safe. Then you can safely experiment with orientation and spacing. Take an hour or two to make mistakes then use that savegame to deploy the complex for real.

ballti
x4

Post by ballti » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 11:19

Ty for tips, homework done, still bit rusty but here we go, XXL Flail missile complex :) :
https://i.imgur.com/yM1WQz0.png
Last edited by Terre on Fri, 8. Oct 21, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked
Wargasm

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 13:26

Regular station placement is neat. But you decided to leave the Mines in place? And how many Flail fabs are in that complex?

ballti
x4

Post by ballti » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 15:13

Plan is: budget build/progress as possible till i get some serious income also i kept 2x pirat acinonyx for later, so not much money ATM, for now 1x XXL or 120 missile per hour.
Wargasm

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 22:06

That's how I started, here and in AP, too. Since then, I've been thinking. Perhaps it would be best to build the whole thing in one go next time. Manual deployment requires your presence in the sector for every station. Better do all the time consuming stuff all at once. Then, upgrades can be done OOS.
I only built about half my originally planned complex, I decided the remaining stations were unnecessary. This was built in spurts as I decided I could take the time to go back to the sector and place additional stations. In the end, I just didn't want to keep coming back to place stations. So, when I drew up a new addition to the complex, I decided to place all stations in a single session. It worked, now I can manage everything remotely.

Pirate Acinonyx, you can find a lot more than two of them. They seem to be on the regular replacement list of the game. I've been able to capture six already. I've just left them parked in my Dock though. There are so many more useful Boarding Pod launcher ships in FL now.

A single S-sized factory upgraded to XXL is not the most efficient way of doing it. An efficient way would be five S-factories fed by one L-food-bio pair. When the S are upgraded to M, add a second L-food-bio. When the M are upgraded to L, add three more L-food-bio. Finally, all the factories are upgraded together from L to XL, then XXL. This way, there's exactly as much food as needed at every stage.

This will not be cheap though. It takes 5 crystals (with their food-bio), 5 SPPs, and all the necessary mines (four in my case) just to support them. Interestingly, I also drew up such a complex for the same sector you built your complex in. You can replace those 5 EBCs with any 5 tech factories. For Flails, I suggest a 3 Flail, 2 Hammer combo. You will use Flails much more than Hammers, but you will also need Hammers for efficiently knocking down anything bigger than an M7 for capture. Having more than one of each lets you stop production at some of the factories without completely stopping all production of a missile.

You may wonder why I want so many EBCs? It's because that's the most sellable ware in the game. This factory is pure profit!

ballti
x4

Post by ballti » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 00:05

Cute powerfull complex.
Ye, single XXL = not much freedom for tuning needs. But here will be support 50/50 for M7M and last upgrede "2x XXL missile" for Xenon I.
Starter complex and later two upgrades is key, like "20 hours" starter TOA complex for reparing ships, then upgred on "10 hours" TOA or even "5 hours" TOA complex. MK3 and upgrede kit is blast ;).

ATM im runing investigetion why Mule explode on exit from complex, first it was look like is too long, but then i see there is different undock protocol, so must be too fast on acceleration..
Wargasm

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 05:06

There's been complaints about the Mule thing before. Looks like all you can do is be careful when you're in the sector.

As for a "5 hour TOA complex" one L-size factory provides enough material for that, for all materials except chips and tubes. Chips need 3 XXL and tubes need 1 XXL. That's straightforward enough I placed all the factories in my starter complex.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”