deserted ships

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

popeye2
x3tc

deserted ships

Post by popeye2 » Sat, 2. Oct 21, 18:16

Has anyone else found a Goner Aran floating far behind gate in xenon space that you can tow ???

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: deserted ships

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 2. Oct 21, 19:47

The Aran will appear once the sector is connected to the rest of the universe properly via a TOA in the connecting sector. That will be placed by the game after two or three HSAP sectors have been claimed. Hopefully, it won't be so far away you can't even detect it with the LFL or see it.
Unlike in AP, it will appear on sensors once you're close enough. But, like in AP, it has to be boarded and it likely has critical hull levels. I would advise not going after it until you have some maxed marines. At least, with the ship on sensors, you can tell how much repair you need to make before boarding.
And you don't need to tow it. Dock your ship to it and jump.

Stu Austin
x4

Re: deserted ships

Post by Stu Austin » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 00:44

Jimmy C wrote:
Sat, 2. Oct 21, 19:47
The Aran will appear once the sector is connected to the rest of the universe properly via a TOA in the connecting sector. That will be placed by the game after two or three HSAP sectors have been claimed. Hopefully, it won't be so far away you can't even detect it with the LFL or see it.
Unlike in AP, it will appear on sensors once you're close enough. But, like in AP, it has to be boarded and it likely has critical hull levels. I would advise not going after it until you have some maxed marines. At least, with the ship on sensors, you can tell how much repair you need to make before boarding.
And you don't need to tow it. Dock your ship to it and jump.
Hello. Thanks for the tid-bit on repairing the Aran before boarding! I've been trying for over a month to board it but with no luck (kept telling me it was going to explode). Today I repaired it to 1,500,000 for hull and I boarded it and got it.

stu :D
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”