#deca.* Ships

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Stu Austin
x4

#deca.* Ships

Post by Stu Austin » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 07:11

Hello all.
The #deca.cefa and #deca.deaf ships cannot mount "any" weapon in its main weapons slots? I checked AP and its the same also. :gruebel:
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Deathifier
xr

Re: #deca.* Ships

Post by Deathifier » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 07:44

They're supposed to be able to use the Experimental EMPC and Prototype MAML.

Those aren't made in factories in X3FL but you can get blueprints for them and make them yourself.

Iwantyoursmiles
xr

Post by Iwantyoursmiles » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 13:53

I'm doing the Paranid start where you begin the game with the hyperion vanguard. I use a deca.deaf as a docked Jumpdrive carrier. There are better ships, but it was free!

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 15:30

Iwantyoursmiles wrote:
Mon, 27. Sep 21, 13:53
I'm doing the Paranid start where you begin the game with the hyperion vanguard. I use a deca.deaf as a docked Jumpdrive carrier. There are better ships, but it was free!
They are also irreplaceable so I suggest reverse engineering them at the HQ and making some new ones if you want to use them.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 16:30

Hardly any point to making more though. You also have to make the guns to equip them yourself and that requires non-renewable Focus Crystals (that you have to find) to make. There are only 30 crystals in a game. That's just enough for 3 M3s or 1 M6.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 22:52

Hello all. Thanks!
I'm re-verse engineering them both. I have 24 focus crystals to make enough weapons for each. I'll have to see if Terrans have the experimental forge and steal the blueprint.
stu

edit: I just checked and no experimental forges at shipyards. :(

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 04:44

Since AFAIK they didn't keep Aldrin or any of the other sectors in that area that sold those guns so it means that there's no other way to obtain them that way either. You'll still need an antimatter warhead fab to make use of the launchers. It basically lets you build and equip exactly one Springblossom (one of my favourite ships in AP), though it's been nerfed in another way: its cargo capacity has been reduced by 800. It was 2,000, now it's only 1,200. It's still the fastest M6 but that's its only advantage now.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 04:56

If you can grab even half of all the engine tunings in a game, you can push an M6 to be faster than the Springblossom. I grabbed all the tunings in the Xenon sectors and now my Kogarasu Maru is over 370ms. I have to decide whether to grab a few more to go over 400 or leave them for another ship.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 06:09

Hello all. I did steal blueprints for anti matter warheads, mre, protein paste and empc and got them in Herron's Nebula. I went back tonight and rechecked all Terran sectors and nothing is selling or making experimental stuff. But one thing I have noticed is that the I's and K's are dropping Terran weapons.
Most of my engine tunings have gone to my Hermes Hauler (plot ship I got) and I have it going at 420 km's. The good thing about having the Hermes going that fast is I can outrun all missiles and ships that are in pursuit of me, do passenger transports faster, do LFL locations faster in enemy sectors.
I'll probably use the M3 deca ship for my personal fighter ship.
stu

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 07:54

Stu Austin wrote:
Tue, 28. Sep 21, 06:09
Hello all. I did steal blueprints for anti matter warheads, mre, protein paste and empc and got them in Herron's Nebula. I went back tonight and rechecked all Terran sectors and nothing is selling or making experimental stuff. But one thing I have noticed is that the I's and K's are dropping Terran weapons.
Most of my engine tunings have gone to my Hermes Hauler (plot ship I got) and I have it going at 420 km's. The good thing about having the Hermes going that fast is I can outrun all missiles and ships that are in pursuit of me, do passenger transports faster, do LFL locations faster in enemy sectors.
I'll probably use the M3 deca ship for my personal fighter ship.
stu
That will make those passenger missions easier too when you start needing to recruit agents. I'm probably going to get an Ocelot for both the increased speed and the slightly bigger cargo bay for those missions.

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 09:24

Check out the Geochen Miner - not as fast as the Ocelot however it has more cargo space, better shields and, I think most usefully, XL cargo capacity.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 10:23

Stu Austin wrote:
Mon, 27. Sep 21, 22:52
Hello all. Thanks!
I'm re-verse engineering them both. I have 24 focus crystals to make enough weapons for each. I'll have to see if Terrans have the experimental forge and steal the blueprint.
stu

edit: I just checked and no experimental forges at shipyards. :(
The experimental ones are Aldrin, which has been removed.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 20:41

I'm more interested in the #deca itself, the M1 one. Give me a reason to make some Gamma Kyons.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 4. Oct 21, 23:18

Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 29. Sep 21, 20:41
I'm more interested in the #deca itself, the M1 one. Give me a reason to make some Gamma Kyons.
I'd love to get my hands on one of those. Or even a Kha'ak Carrier. The beam weapons you can get from Strong Arms; or the random black market; are just as deadly. I tried a trio of them on a true light seeker. Watched 5 Strong Arms ships get vaporized in seconds before they could close the gap on me. (6km+ range). Sadly my ship wasn't fast enough to keep out of there crosshairs once they responded. There was 12 of them obviously. :D

It would also be nice if you could "raid" the Unknown Enemy Sector and get focus crystals that way. A way to supplement and build more equipment that requires them. The same could be done with Sanctuary of Darkness to get the Quantum Processor.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 03:28

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 4. Oct 21, 23:18
Sovereign01 wrote:
I'd love to get my hands on one of those. Or even a Kha'ak Carrier. The beam weapons you can get from Strong Arms; or the random black market; are just as deadly. I tried a trio of them on a true light seeker. Watched 5 Strong Arms ships get vaporized in seconds before they could close the gap on me. (6km+ range). Sadly my ship wasn't fast enough to keep out of there crosshairs once they responded. There was 12 of them obviously. :D

It would also be nice if you could "raid" the Unknown Enemy Sector and get focus crystals that way. A way to supplement and build more equipment that requires them. The same could be done with Sanctuary of Darkness to get the Quantum Processor.
I sure hope I can get the #deca M1. I missed out on the one and only chance to get one in TC, I would love to finally rectify that in FL.

I'm currently working on Strong Arms, have hit the rep wall where I cannot get it to battlemaster level where I can get the plasma beam or tri-beam cannon factories without lowering my Boron level first. Have to see how my agents do at stealing those plans- presumably the chances of success at that depend on my standing with Strong Arms?

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 03:33

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 9. Oct 21, 03:28
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 4. Oct 21, 23:18
Sovereign01 wrote:

I sure hope I can get the #deca M1. I missed out on the one and only chance to get one in TC, I would love to finally rectify that in FL.

I'm currently working on Strong Arms, have hit the rep wall where I cannot get it to battlemaster level where I can get the plasma beam or tri-beam cannon factories without lowering my Boron level first. Have to see how my agents do at stealing those plans- presumably the chances of success at that depend on my standing with Strong Arms?
Was gonna suggest that at the half way mark of your post. Then oh, he already doing that. I don't think I will own those ever. 4 red blocks for me with them, at -84% and dropping. They keep getting popped in the hub from 3 seperate gates. :D Guess my laser towers haven't deterred them yet. All 50 of them. For real, 50. :lol:
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 23:52

Hello all. So there is an #deca M1?

stu

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 00:17

Stu Austin wrote:
Sat, 9. Oct 21, 23:52

stu
There sure is, has been there since TC. I hope they put in a way to get it in a future update.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 00:43

Thanks! I have to go looking for it!

stu

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 03:40

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sun, 10. Oct 21, 00:17
Stu Austin wrote:
Sat, 9. Oct 21, 23:52

stu
There sure is, has been there since TC. I hope they put in a way to get it in a future update.
Where was it in TC? I was never big on the storyline stuff, guess that's why FL is up my alley soo much, not much storyline. More sandbox. I never got Avarice or the Storyline system you were awarded at the end. Changed that in AP though. Trying to cap an L for Berryl still has me frustrated years after the fact. :lol:

I'm holding off trying to get pirate caps atm. Don't want to smash my rep with them by boarding them. Started with a +4 green rep with them. Now holding it steady between -2 / -3 red. They haven't bothered my stuff and I intend to keep it that way.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”