things that's nice to have in x3FL without modified tag

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

dmk
x4

things that's nice to have in x3FL without modified tag

Post by dmk » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 11:18

1. limit how much negative relation may go for taxy missions. (i.e. if actions not against race it should not hate you, it can however forbid you access to core sectors if you too friendly with their enemies), corporations should not forbid access to their core sectors or attack your ships unless you doing actions against them (you don't get banned at (actually sniped by) Microsoft for using Google).
1a alternative having goner/Argon constantly friendly because of jumpdrive and
Spoiler
Show
Harmony of Perpetuity beta (450% light, 5 asteroids ore, 5 silicon all > 100 richness)
and
Spoiler
Show
terran plot
2. Cap ships dock port for complex Hub, may be as upgrade to complex hub station. (there was mod which did it for AP, but too many changes in FL, so i avoid even try it)
3. storage stations for stations (you probably wants your HQ at secure location, not on some new sector where you building your new complexes), especially such station important because you cant transfer stations between TL ships (only through your HQ), obviously they would be used for build soft mk3.
4. build soft mk3 should be able to update your complex (add new factories, upgrade SELECTED factories) without rebuilding it, if it cannot do it because of space constrain it should ask player permission for rebuild, probably should have cheaper light version with limitation on how many stations and how many mines, now it's very late game feature because of its cost.
5. system override software working as in xrm (i.e. using hackerchips, blueprint for them could be sold through Explorers guild), actually there are two different system override software in x3FL now (one duke's; one pirate's) may be they should behave differently and cost differently and named differently.
6. build able jump beacon even if it will cost a lot and be killed in non player sectors.
7. ability marines teleport from space to ship (some sort of marine auto collect software) range may be less than standard teleport range, but i hope for 3km at least, and bulk teleport marines from ship to ship. (mod that did work in AP does not work in FL for marines).
8. ability change weapons in bulk on ships (i.e. change all front guns from point-singu to beam), even if this would be slow.
9. new very hard military aldrin plot (against xenon).
10. software for fast flush cargo between transports (for Ozias & many docked to him transports), i.e. free this transport (all cargo would be transferred to other docked transports, should respect specified reserve batteries for jump, and does not move installed equipment (weapons, shields...) ), may be same should work if docked to station too (then it moves to station first, and only after that to other docked TRANSPORT ships doing nothing), and reverse for specified ware.
---(edited)
11. memorial for marines who lost their lives (and reason of their life lost i.e. did they died in space, burned by shield, or in combat, or by final check before hacking on xenon ship).
at very list message to log is needed (with their final stats).
Last edited by dmk on Fri, 24. Sep 21, 17:30, edited 2 times in total.

Falynn
x3tc

Re: things that's nice to have in x3FL without modified tag

Post by Falynn » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 14:19

The two hacking programs are different.
Dukes is for stealing cargo from ships or stations.
Pirates is for claiming ships without leaving your ship.

There is already a retrieve marine software for ships that you can use think it is in the special software

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 17:25

Falynn wrote:
Fri, 24. Sep 21, 14:19
The two hacking programs are different.
for now both called "system override software" but required different level of trust from buyer and so there are two entries in software list.
i am not talking about cargo stealing...
last time i used duke software for claiming the ship.
problem is many ships even with fully erased equipment don't bail, however they stop to recharge shield if you stop firing and ask them to surrender.
(they do resist in words but do stops and don't fight back if still have weapons)

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 11:53

dmk wrote:
Fri, 24. Sep 21, 11:18
1. limit how much negative relation may go for taxy missions. (i.e. if actions not against race it should not hate you, it can however forbid you access to core sectors if you too friendly with their enemies), corporations should not forbid access to their core sectors or attack your ships unless you doing actions against them (you don't get banned at (actually sniped by) Microsoft for using Google).
1a alternative having goner/Argon constantly friendly because of jumpdrive and
Spoiler
Show
Harmony of Perpetuity beta (450% light, 5 asteroids ore, 5 silicon all > 100 richness)
and
Spoiler
Show
terran plot
-- Some equipment is available via Black Market at Trade Docks. It's random, but can include what your asking for.

2. Cap ships dock port for complex Hub, may be as upgrade to complex hub station. (there was mod which did it for AP, but too many changes in FL, so i avoid even try it)

-- I dare you to build a complex in the middle of Uranus next to a travel path and sit in system. Watch your rep fall. Now apply this to docking capital ships. Very very bad idea. OOS is fine, but one mistake in system and its good bye TL. Fact: It does happen to Orca's if you ask them to undock at a Boron Shipyard while still in system. I lost 2 mines in Great Reef Alpha that way.

3. storage stations for stations (you probably wants your HQ at secure location, not on some new sector where you building your new complexes), especially such station important because you cant transfer stations between TL ships (only through your HQ), obviously they would be used for build soft mk3.

-- You can store them at Equipment Docks in a limited fashion.

4. build soft mk3 should be able to update your complex (add new factories, upgrade SELECTED factories) without rebuilding it, if it cannot do it because of space constrain it should ask player permission for rebuild, probably should have cheaper light version with limitation on how many stations and how many mines, now it's very late game feature because of its cost.

-- No opinion to share.

5. system override software working as in xrm (i.e. using hackerchips, blueprint for them could be sold through Explorers guild), actually there are two different system override software in x3FL now (one duke's; one pirate's) may be they should behave differently and cost differently and named differently.

-- Yuk! A bigger need for cargo bay shielding.

6. build able jump beacon even if it will cost a lot and be killed in non player sectors.

-- That is a 250 million credit lost to the player, and they will get targeted almost constantly by Xenon in the wrong system. They'd have the equivalent in shielding of an M5 fighter. They are marked do not target or invulnerable on purpose.

7. ability marines teleport from space to ship (some sort of marine auto collect software) range may be less than standard teleport range, but i hope for 3km at least, and bulk teleport marines from ship to ship. (mod that did work in AP does not work in FL for marines).

-- I can see this, using a similar function to the Cargo Bay Hacker software. Could also be used for boarding, but this could be employed against you as well. Range should be 5km which is the current transporter range.

8. ability change weapons in bulk on ships (i.e. change all front guns from point-singu to beam), even if this would be slow.

-- Does exist somewhat at PHQ. It's a little cumbersome still, but can be done. It's better than it was in AP/TC and reunion.

9. new very hard military aldrin plot (against xenon).

-- Wut? It's not enough of a pain already? :lol:

10. software for fast flush cargo between transports (for Ozias & many docked to him transports), i.e. free this transport (all cargo would be transferred to other docked transports, should respect specified reserve batteries for jump, and does not move installed equipment (weapons, shields...) ), may be same should work if docked to station too (then it moves to station first, and only after that to other docked TRANSPORT ships doing nothing), and reverse for specified ware.
---(edited)

-- No opinion to share.

11. memorial for marines who lost their lives (and reason of their life lost i.e. did they died in space, burned by shield, or in combat, or by final check before hacking on xenon ship).
at very list message to log is needed (with their final stats).

-- Sounds like personal in game lore potential to me. I like it. :D
Hope my responses don't seem harsh. Had to share my opinion on them. I like a few of them. I'd like to see some of the X2 equipment docks come back as a cheaper solution to the more expensive ones. And they'd have one dock that can hold an M6, 1 clamp for TP/TS ships, and an internal hanger for fighters. And that would be it. Price it around 13 million or so, and rep required could be the same as purchasing an M6 Heavy for the race selling it. But no rep at a select Teladi dealer.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 11:34

the whole reason for TL complex dock and cheap storage for stations (with TL dock), (and update complex for build mk3) is to remove boring things ,
i.e. you can use fleet of TL (without mk3 software) and do the job manually FAST (by game time), but thats became boring.
but if you use one fast TL with mk3 it will do job slow (as will fly to your hq for each factory).
if you can first put 5 mln cheap dock only for stations and then mk3 TL could use it, but may be you right - use equipment dock as mobile storage for new sectors.... (i.e. load it into TL after complex is build)

teleport marines (ONLY FROM SPACE, and in bulk from your ships) again simplify boring tasks, but can be useful in combat, but not giving very big advantage.
adding ability board via teleport it's huge change on game-play, interesting to see as experiment, but impossible to understand how much it influence game.

about memorial for marines - actually after 25 attempts of capturing K (beat it with Thresher) and accomplishing it i have no way to know cost of such accomplishment (marines came from two different m6 (one is uniq) + carrack + TP, and i was not able to identify which ones i did lost, or even how many i did lose), on next day i reverted that cap.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 20:04

There's already a teleport boarding mod for AP or TC, or so I've heard before.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 12:23

Jimmy C wrote:
Sun, 26. Sep 21, 20:04
There's already a teleport boarding mod for AP or TC, or so I've heard before.
mod which in AP helps with bulk teleports buggy with marines in FL,
i.e. it can't teleport them from ship to ship anymore, and turns into passengers, when teleports from space,
i think other mods would have similar problems unless they made specifically for FL,
but i would prefer have such ability in stock (and not clicking into each marine, or pursuing them, when teleport should do fine)

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Fri, 12. Nov 21, 14:20

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sat, 25. Sep 21, 11:53
You can store them at Equipment Docks in a limited fashion.
how exactly?, tried that not managed even to move factory from one TL to another.

ballti
x4

Post by ballti » Fri, 12. Nov 21, 18:49

12. Dedicated "carier" ~TM whit 1x M6,TS.. dock. I think this is good early game alternative for JD kit.
Wargasm

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 13. Nov 21, 03:04

dmk wrote:
Fri, 12. Nov 21, 14:20
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sat, 25. Sep 21, 11:53
You can store them at Equipment Docks in a limited fashion.
how exactly?, tried that not managed even to move factory from one TL to another.
:gruebel: My apologies. I remembered it incorrectly. I had done something in the past. I had taken control of a Shipyard using a script previously. The only way to transfer or store it is via PHQ.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”