My Traders Aren't Refueling (sometimes)

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Iwantyoursmiles
xr

My Traders Aren't Refueling (sometimes)

Post by Iwantyoursmiles » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 04:54

So there I was in Family Whi bullying the Argon and Boron and I spot one of my traders making the rounds.

https://i.imgur.com/R12ohPo.png

Ooo I wonder which station in this sector needs ore?

Hey you're not going to a station in this sector at all! Then why are you here and not jumping straight to your destination?

You stuffed your entire cargo bay with ore? No room for E-Cells?

Maybe the station is out of stock?

nope Image

Maybe the ship doesn't have a auto fuel settings configured?

that's not it either Image

This has happened a few times and I've had to manually intervene. I can't figure out why they are leaving the station without grabbing 600 E-Cells.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Edit: I used to think it was a problem with TOA only sectors but the problem persists and I still don't know the cause or solution.

I prefer to monitor my own ships and assign them roles but it appears as though that just won't work in the current version of the game. I'll have to start using the station manager, wages be damned.
Last edited by Iwantyoursmiles on Sun, 19. Sep 21, 20:49, edited 5 times in total.

ex-deathevn

Re: My Traders Aren't Refueling (sometimes)

Post by ex-deathevn » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 17:39

Have you tried setting minimum jump range to 1 instead of 0? I haven't run into this problem yet myself but I never use 0 as the minimum.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 22:10

the resupply is actually independent from the sell ware command.
whenever the ship docks, it will attempt to resupply. It may fail if the ship was already full and no room for resupply wares, or if you set the resupply settings after the ship docked.

also note, that ships cant jump to TOA's so if there isn't a jumpgate thats closer, then it'll just fly instead

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 05:07

Speaking of auto refuelling, there's been something I've always wondered. If a ship has multiple automated tasks assigned (like trade distribution or manual trade run) in addition to auto refuel, does it carry out the tasks before refueling or vice versa? I would really like it if the ship would refuel before executing the task at that station.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 12:02

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 23. Sep 21, 22:10
the resupply is actually independent from the sell ware command.
whenever the ship docks, it will attempt to resupply. It may fail if the ship was already full and no room for resupply wares, or if you set the resupply settings after the ship docked.

also note, that ships cant jump to TOA's so if there isn't a jumpgate thats closer, then it'll just fly instead
Isn't that one of the bugged scripts at the moment? Part of the same problem causing traders to congregate/idle at gates?
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 01:47

The resupply isn't a script it's just an event trigger that happens when you dock, this is the same as it has been in TC and AP

The resupply script is used by ai ships to fly to local SPP to resupply when needed

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 09:09

Cycrow wrote:
Sun, 26. Sep 21, 01:47
The resupply script is used by ai ships to fly to local SPP to resupply when needed
the problem is: it worked properly in x3ap, but now it does not work in x3fl:
this bug is especially nasty with dynamic relations enabled (when your trader definitely can meet someone angry, especially if you happens to be in sector)
p.s. if fuel resupply quantity set to reasonable amount in x3fl then trader after refuel is going to sell batteries, and mostly stuck in such cycle, in x3ap it worked properly.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 11:43

The resupply I was talking about has nothing to do with the Local trade, that's a completely separate script.

One reason it may be ignoring that SPP is because another ship could have already locked the station. This happened in AP as well, however in FL it applies to all your ships, not just LT/UT.

This is to prevent multiple ships from going to the same stations

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 14:25

Cycrow wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 11:43
the Local trade, that's a completely separate script.
yep sorry should have find other forum thread, i did read it some time ago, if possible please move my posts there (and remove this one).

resupply now is not applicable to local/universal trade at all - as i said traders just going to sell those batteries right after they was resupplied.
Cycrow wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 11:43
One reason it may be ignoring that SPP is because another ship could have already locked the station. This happened in AP as well, however in FL it applies to all your ships, not just LT/UT.
refuel should ignore those locks, as it will buy small amount of batteries, and very probably this particular trader is refueling for hours (i.e. it did travel for several sectors without jump drive),
i.e. whoever wanted to buy batteries there - already have done it, and SPP fully produced that amount.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 12:20

to primary topic itself:
sometimes refuel problems occurs at player station if there is settings which prevents spending solar cells (i.e.
being resource/storage only (for power cell),
have big reserve on power cell resource and probably other)
funny that even in this case in some situation traders do get cells, but some times only if going working for this factory (not at dock time, but at departure time)
i think for refuel player owned ships all limitation on player stations should be ignored (i.e. they refueled and drop storage to 0 of power cell), or they inform player with message that they can't refuel(and why) and became idle with refuel retry.

another associated bug:
if there is transfer mission which do requires load a lot wares at solar plant,
then first is loaded power cells, and only then attempted mission wares,
which in some situations force player to undock, then drop cells, change settings on refuel, and redock again (and mission is very time limited).

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 07:18

Hello all. For the OP, I have the same problem. I have my PHQ located in Rolk's Drift and manually have all of my miners going to the PHQ and I'll offload them then have them go and do some more mining.
I have a Teladi MOA homebased at the PHQ with min jump set to 1 and fuel supply set to 35. What happens with me is the ship will take on 350 ec's, then offload a majority of them, fill up with ore (if I have ore set to sell) and make a jump example: to one of the Argon Prime sectors and sell some of the ore and won't have enough of energy cells onboard to jump to PHQ in Rolk's Drift and has to fly thru a bunch of sectors back to PHQ. I watched him tonight bypassing SSP's and bypassing my HUB (which has energy cells). I have seen it where he has jumped to Scale Plate Green, offload ore then fly thru Xenon sector to the right to get back to Rolk's Drift (he always got killed off (reloaded save).
I always thought that if 35 jumps was set, there would be 350 energy cells onboard, then cargo would be loaded and he would jump to where he was selling product (or close to sector that has jumpgates), return home, reload energy cells, then cargo and do the run again.
It seems with me, it happens with when trying to sell ore or silicon wafers from the PHQ. My other traders seems to be doing alright. I don't have too many complexes with traders selling (letting the races come to buy) but doing alright maintaining close to 1 billion credits.

stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 10:26

Does this happen regularly
And do you have a save game that demonstrates this

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”