Guppy and its turrets...

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Lister Of Smeg

Guppy and its turrets...

Post by Lister Of Smeg » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 21:14

I bought my Guppy last night and after a daring run through enemy territory to 'aquire' some PBCs for it (love that cargo bay hacker) I noticed that the turrets for the guppy are all messed up. The front turret is on the right hand side of the ship, the right is on the left.. the left is on the back, the back is on the bottom and the top turret appears to be inside the ship and doesnt seem to be capable of firing...

this cant be as intended can it? are all the M7Ds like this? Its kind of disappointing after spending so long gaining rep/creds to buy it.

Also noticed that its pretty poor in a fight as the drones didnt launch to defend it, is this due to them being repair drones? possibly user error on this tbh

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: Guppy and its turrets...

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 15. Oct 21, 22:21

Lister Of Smeg wrote:
Thu, 16. Sep 21, 21:14
I bought my Guppy last night and after a daring run through enemy territory to 'aquire' some PBCs for it (love that cargo bay hacker) I noticed that the turrets for the guppy are all messed up. The front turret is on the right hand side of the ship, the right is on the left.. the left is on the back, the back is on the bottom and the top turret appears to be inside the ship and doesnt seem to be capable of firing...

this cant be as intended can it? are all the M7Ds like this? Its kind of disappointing after spending so long gaining rep/creds to buy it.

Also noticed that its pretty poor in a fight as the drones didnt launch to defend it, is this due to them being repair drones? possibly user error on this tbh
The drones don't have weapons to defend the ship with. You may have to use the Fighter Drone MkII for that purpose. I think Strong Arms has a fighting drone if I read correctly, or maybe it's just a recon drone, but I've never had interest in there shipyard. I've rarely had better than -3 red bars rep with them. In the end these drones are all M4's anyway. And the Guppy (as do the counterparts) functions similar to a carrier. The drones will launch automatically when any player owned ship has less than 90% hull and is in sector with it. If you have carrier command software, you can use regular M4's with the management software. Info > Advanced > Carrier Management. (If it's grey then you need to install the software for it.)

Note: Griffin and Griffin Raider are identical except that the Raider variant does not have the drone management the standard version does. Keep that in mind when looking at other racial drone carriers.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”