Bugs

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

mercelin
x3ap

Bugs

Post by mercelin » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 06:40

I have 2 bugs.

1) I exchanged freight between 2 TP freighters, everything. The new TP has 3 x 25mj shields and they are showing installed. No shield bar shows at all. Appears to be just hull bar. This happened on 3 different freighters. I am afraid to change equipment now because it seems to happen every time.

2) In the system Void Gamma, there should be 3 stations one of which is a chip plant. The chip plant in my game was there and I was doing regular business with it. Now it is gone. No station remains, just gone.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: Bugs

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 07:00

1) I've seen this happen on some of my ships too. Have you tried pulling out the shields and putting them back in again? That seemed to do it for me.

2) The game has a function that removes less active stations from time to time. It just happens.

mercelin
x3ap

Post by mercelin » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 16:57

As for the shields...yes, I have uninstalled them and then reinstalled them. No change for me. I have also tried moving them between ships multiple times and it does not matter which ship they are on they do not show.

As for the station, I would want to see their metric on unused stations. That chip plant is critical at that location and I used it regularly, but thanks for the answer!

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 00:31

I have a couple mission bugs as well. First and foremost, some of the taxi missions state fast ship, but only allow a TP. So I guess this is not really a bug, just an oversite during coding. The taxi missions should state specifically whether the TP is mandatory. I know some allow the use of any ship with cargo bay life support. But the text is never clear. The mission may state a fast ship, have a 10 minute timer, but try to pick them up in an M5, and nope they want a TP for a destination 3 jumps away. I mean WTF? Sure I can use a jump drive.

This I just encountered minutes prior to this post. I had a Deliver Teladi TS to station Military Outpost in Aladna Hill. Had 13 minutes to complete. I said sweet, I can do that. Bought the TS from Ianamus Zura Shipyard, jumped in Ozias and jumped it to Aladna Hill. Docked with a minute to spare. The station never recognized the ship and I failed the mission. Kind of annoying since I am now out a pretty penny on the cost of that ship. Guess I will just RE it. Correct me if I am wrong, the mission wanted a TS from the Teladi. Did not specify actual type. And the Vulture Miner is classed a TS correct?

Oh and I can also confirm stalled ships at gates is also a major problem in my game as well. I know someone on here made there own patch for it. Can we get that signed and put out so that the majority of us who "care about achievements" can use it without a modified tag?

Mods, you should pin this as a post bug reports here thread. Just a suggestion.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 22:12

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Thu, 16. Sep 21, 00:31
I have a couple mission bugs as well. First and foremost, some of the taxi missions state fast ship, but only allow a TP. So I guess this is not really a bug, just an oversite during coding. The taxi missions should state specifically whether the TP is mandatory. I know some allow the use of any ship with cargo bay life support. But the text is never clear. The mission may state a fast ship, have a 10 minute timer, but try to pick them up in an M5, and nope they want a TP for a destination 3 jumps away. I mean WTF? Sure I can use a jump drive.

This I just encountered minutes prior to this post. I had a Deliver Teladi TS to station Military Outpost in Aladna Hill. Had 13 minutes to complete. I said sweet, I can do that. Bought the TS from Ianamus Zura Shipyard, jumped in Ozias and jumped it to Aladna Hill. Docked with a minute to spare. The station never recognized the ship and I failed the mission. Kind of annoying since I am now out a pretty penny on the cost of that ship. Guess I will just RE it. Correct me if I am wrong, the mission wanted a TS from the Teladi. Did not specify actual type. And the Vulture Miner is classed a TS correct?

Oh and I can also confirm stalled ships at gates is also a major problem in my game as well. I know someone on here made there own patch for it. Can we get that signed and put out so that the majority of us who "care about achievements" can use it without a modified tag?

Mods, you should pin this as a post bug reports here thread. Just a suggestion.
I found a good bug regarding taxi missions- when you take the mission in a non-TP, the customer will tell you to get one. However, if you're docked at the station there's no time limit to bringing a TP, the time only starting when the passenger boards the ship.

Iwantyoursmiles
xr

Post by Iwantyoursmiles » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 23:16

Sovereign01 wrote:
Thu, 16. Sep 21, 22:12
I found a good bug regarding taxi missions- when you take the mission in a non-TP, the customer will tell you to get one. However, if you're docked at the station there's no time limit to bringing a TP, the time only starting when the passenger boards the ship.
I've started doing that intentionally to stockpile agent missions. I've gotten a humorous error message from a client when the game deleted his destination.

"It appears my destination has been destroyed."

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 00:16

Iwantyoursmiles wrote:
Thu, 16. Sep 21, 23:16
Sovereign01 wrote:
Thu, 16. Sep 21, 22:12
I've started doing that intentionally to stockpile agent missions. I've gotten a humorous error message from a client when the game deleted his destination.

"It appears my destination has been destroyed."
Good idea, I presume it affects your missions taken/completed stat or how does that work? I have had taxi missions where there's an undefined (showing up as "a station") destination and therefore the mission is unwinnable.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 18:42

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 00:16
Good idea, I presume it affects your missions taken/completed stat or how does that work? I have had taxi missions where there's an undefined (showing up as "a station") destination and therefore the mission is unwinnable.
The "a station" mission destinations are deliberate: it means any relevant station in that sector (check race ownership requirements, if any exist)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 18:49

Snafu_X3 wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 18:42
Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 00:16
The "a station" mission destinations are deliberate: it means any relevant station in that sector (check race ownership requirements, if any exist)
It should have said "any station" instead, since if there's no marker it makes me think the destination no longer exists! :oops: :lol:

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 18:02

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
The station never recognized the ship and I failed the mission. Kind of annoying since I am now out a pretty penny on the cost of that ship. Guess I will just RE it. Correct me if I am wrong, the mission wanted a TS from the Teladi. Did not specify actual type. And the Vulture Miner is classed a TS correct?
Vulture Miner probably considered as NMMC/PTNI ship.
but in your situation i would view such behavior as bug.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 11:18

dmk wrote:
Thu, 23. Sep 21, 18:02
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
The station never recognized the ship and I failed the mission. Kind of annoying since I am now out a pretty penny on the cost of that ship. Guess I will just RE it. Correct me if I am wrong, the mission wanted a TS from the Teladi. Did not specify actual type. And the Vulture Miner is classed a TS correct?
Vulture Miner probably considered as NMMC/PTNI ship.
but in your situation i would view such behavior as bug.
Valid, except it was purchased at a normal Teladi shipyard. Conflict of faction there. Oh well, I don't worry too much about Accepted / Completed mission's statistics. I keep some that are expensive and sell them instead of turning them in anyway. Best I ever got was a Heavy Nemesis during the initial plot. I kept it, refit it, and used it instead of the standard. I went toe to toe in range of a Q and won, better speed obviously from the free engine tunings. Wish those could be coded to respawn once they are all picked up.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”