My Resource Factory Is Completed!

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Iwantyoursmiles
xr

My Resource Factory Is Completed!

Post by Iwantyoursmiles » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 03:05

The Build Image

Stats Image

In Space https://i.imgur.com/pjXWUS6.png

Map View https://i.imgur.com/F2ilb6j.png

This was built with manual placement and asteroid hauling. Production is scaled proportionately for Trans Orbitals Accelerator Construction Kits.

Mistakes I made:
  • In my haste to make the most out of upgrade kits I started designing the complex with a single XXL Quantum Tube Fab and scaled the rest of the complex based on its production. What I should have done instead is consider how long it takes to actually craft a TOAck and meet that demand. As a result this factory produces goods faster than the HQ can even consume them (1.74x too much)
  • When calculating whether or not to use upgrade kits I forgot to include the cost of Complex Extension Kits (Dang that's a lot of BoFu/BoGas fabs!)
  • I assumed 11 XXL silicon asteroids would get the job done. I came up short. Oh well, nothing a few assigned dedicated miners can't fix!
The complex planner is awesome and I've gotten a lot of use out of it. With that said, I do have some complaints:
  • Adding asteroids is clunky. It requires that asteroids be in the sector you selected and scanned. I should be allowed to simply add theoretical asteroids. To get around this I started by building the complex consisting of only the 11 silicon mines and then loaded that pre existing complex into the planner and saved it which led to my next 2 gripes
  • When you load a pre existing complex into the planner it cannot be edited. You can add new stations but cannot edit what's already there.
  • The complex planner changed its cycle time to 01:20:00 because of the quantum tube fab but the cycle time for my silicon asteroid complex in the planner was at 01:00:00. So to compare how much silicon I was producing to how much I was consuming I had to math it out. It would be really nice if the cycle time could be manually adjusted. This would have made things even easier as I could adjust the cycle time to the crafting time of TOAck [04:24:16]
  • It is not always prudent to have exactly the same amount of stations upgraded to the same level. Maybe I need 10 XXL solar plants and a single L. The planner does not allow this (Unless you mix races)
Last edited by Terre on Tue, 14. Sep 21, 08:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: My Resource Factory Is Completed!

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 04:23

Another way to do it is to choose a different start size, that forces the Planner to add the station as a different entry. For example, 10 XL to XXL stations, and one L to XL station. That should have worked for your case.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 04:51

How many credits did that cost to build in the end?

Iwantyoursmiles
xr

Post by Iwantyoursmiles » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 05:41

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 14. Sep 21, 04:51
The planner says something like 411 million for everything without the silicon mines but I used a mix of buying things from shipyards and stealing blueprints and crafting things myself at HQ.
The planner also doesn't account for the cost of upgrade kits.

Agimar
x3ap

Post by Agimar » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 09:11

Holy shit! :D

I'll go on with recycling of capital ships for buldiung TOA.

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 09:50

Very nice, though I am wondering why you didn't upgrade some of those L and XL stations to XXL to cut the total number down somewhat?

Iwantyoursmiles
xr

Post by Iwantyoursmiles » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 15:13

Deathifier wrote:
Tue, 14. Sep 21, 09:50
Very nice, though I am wondering why you didn't upgrade some of those L and XL stations to XXL to cut the total number down somewhat?
Yeah I really goofed there. I forgot to account for the cost of Extension kits when designing the factory.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 18:29

Welp, looks like I need to sell some more nividium to raise the credits. What I've sold so far will only get me halfway there! :lol:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 19:42

Iwantyoursmiles wrote:
Tue, 14. Sep 21, 05:41
Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 14. Sep 21, 04:51
The planner says something like 411 million for everything without the silicon mines but I used a mix of buying things from shipyards and stealing blueprints and crafting things myself at HQ.
The planner also doesn't account for the cost of upgrade kits.

it includes the cost of the upgrade kits, complex hub and extension kits in the Deployment menu

Iwantyoursmiles
xr

Post by Iwantyoursmiles » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 21:12

This is without the silicon mines https://i.imgur.com/EoR0Iiu.png

11 Silicon mines fully upgraded would cost 271561092

So 949528724 total complex cost.
Last edited by Terre on Wed, 15. Sep 21, 07:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 05:13

So, nearly a billion credits? I'm definitely going to have to capture and sell some capships. Now that my OTAS rep is high enough I can finally buy my Sirokos so when my marines finish training they'll have a launch platform at last.

Iwantyoursmiles
xr

Post by Iwantyoursmiles » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 06:57

What I did was steal most of the blueprints needed for this station from the boron. With a police license you get a bounty hunter bonus for killing enemies in their sectors. That stacks with any other bonuses you have for friendly relations / passivism which resulted in a full 100% discount. So long as I had agent tasks to burn I was firing them non stop at the boron for station blueprints.

I also built a much smaller scale resource factory. My HQ was getting all the ingredients it needed, just slowly.

I queued up the entire complex in the HQ and then left my game on SETA 10x overnight. The next morning I had the whole 1 billion dollar complex sitting in my HQ ready for deployment.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 11:08

Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 05:13
So, nearly a billion credits? I'm definitely going to have to capture and sell some capships. Now that my OTAS rep is high enough I can finally buy my Sirokos so when my marines finish training they'll have a launch platform at last.
Capping and selling Athena's also works to make extra credits. Also watch out for other similar ships of that class. You can get Moa's and Consus, then repair and sell at a shipyard. Obviously only buy partially damaged ones. Buying a used one usually costs between 2 - 4 million but sell for over 6, sometimes 8 million. You can easily double your investment. If you can get a drone carrier, it really helps in that department as well. A Griffin costs 50 million, but once you realize everything you can repair with it, it actually kinda pays for itself.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 11:13

What do you guys suggest for some self sufficient weapons factories? I've never really gotten a handle on them, but I want to give them another go.

A couple examples of what I'd like to build - Chip Plant (those are high profit, love the one I got in Great Reef Alpha).

CIG Plex
HEPT Plex
All Around Food Plex

Don't need to do each weapon or shield type individually, just a base one I can plug any weapons/shield factory that will keep itself running. And the initial input of what it needs to start. My goal is to start making all the weapons I will need to keep my fighters armed.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 13:21

If you're ultimately going to upgrade the factories from S to XXL, then think in fives. This is because one Bio L feeds one Food L feeds FIVE Tech S factories. When you upgrade the Tech factories to M, buy a second Bio-Food L pair. When you upgrade the Tech factories to L, buy three more Bio-Food L pairs. Finally, you upgrade all 15 L factories together to XL and XXL.

Here's an example I put together a while ago. Just change those 5 EBCs to any other weapon type you're interested in, along with the appropriate Food-Bio factories needed. Also, Teladi CIG and HEPT fabs are also the cheapest. So you can just put them in here.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 21:52

Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 13:21
If you're ultimately going to upgrade the factories from S to XXL, then think in fives. This is because one Bio L feeds one Food L feeds FIVE Tech S factories. When you upgrade the Tech factories to M, buy a second Bio-Food L pair. When you upgrade the Tech factories to L, buy three more Bio-Food L pairs. Finally, you upgrade all 15 L factories together to XL and XXL.

Here's an example I put together a while ago. Just change those 5 EBCs to any other weapon type you're interested in, along with the appropriate Food-Bio factories needed. Also, Teladi CIG and HEPT fabs are also the cheapest. So you can just put them in here.
How often do you have to intervene and provide resources?
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 12. Oct 21, 04:20

This is a fully self-sufficient design. Once it's up and running, nothing is needed and EBCs come out. In fact, this complex calculator underestimates surplus, so plenty of extra energy, minerals and crystals.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 12. Oct 21, 04:51

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 21:52
Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 13:21

How often do you have to intervene and provide resources?
Can the bio-food factories not themselves be upgraded to the greater size instead of needing more of them?

I need to put together my first big complex, so far the only stations I have are the plot-related Bofu Lab, and the HQ which I moved to the Xenon hub. At some point I'll move the lab, it doesn't do anything. The large quantities of Nividium I'll be able to sell should eventually bankroll a complex of this size, although the inability to add to an existing complex (not sure if that's a flaw with the planning feature or something else as I haven't gotten that far yet) makes me want to build the entire thing at once.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 12. Oct 21, 06:36

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 12. Oct 21, 04:51

Can the bio-food factories not themselves be upgraded to the greater size instead of needing more of them?
Yes, and they will be, but only when the Tech factories are upgraded to XL-size themselves. At that point, you will need 5 Bio-Food XL pairs, and the only way to get them would have been to have 5 Bio-Food L pairs ready for upgrade at the same time. The way I do it, all 15 factories will be ready to go from L to XL at the same time.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 12. Oct 21, 19:07

Jimmy C wrote:
Tue, 12. Oct 21, 06:36
Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 12. Oct 21, 04:51

Yes, and they will be, but only when the Tech factories are upgraded to XL-size themselves. At that point, you will need 5 Bio-Food XL pairs, and the only way to get them would have been to have 5 Bio-Food L pairs ready for upgrade at the same time. The way I do it, all 15 factories will be ready to go from L to XL at the same time.
I need to crunch the numbers for a chip complex. And acquire an atmospheric lifter from the Terrans to build it. My Elephant's speed makes it ideal for station build missions but capacious it is not! :lol:

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”