My Resource Factory Is Completed!

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: My Resource Factory Is Completed!

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 04:13

Thanks to Discounts, it pays to minimize the number of yards and trips to make get all your stations. Take the time to plan. For example, here is the plan I came up with when I did the last part of my complex.
upg
xl to xxl, 13, 3 flail, 2 hmr, 4 s.oil. 4 f.farm, 273,000 (2 AL trips to carry 6 per trip plus 1 more)
l to xl, 5, flak, pbc, bake, ranch, isr, 52,500 (Mammoth)

buy
6 s.oil L, 6 f.farm L, 2 silicon L, 2 ore L, 6 SPP, CIG, HEPT, (Mamm for 2 ore, 2 sil, Oz for CIG, HEPT, 2 AL + Oz for s.oil and f.farm pairs, 2 AL for 6 SPP)
5 ebc (Mamm + Oz)
7 crystal L, 7 bake L, 7 ranch L (AL & Mamm can carry one line each, 2 trips. 2 Oz for last line)
soy M, soy.farm M
It derailed my plans a bit to find out that EBCs was the one factory that the CEO's Sprite yard didn't sell.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 20:41

Is it just the planning tool that cannot handle adding stations to existing complexes, or is it the building software that trips up? I'm in the process of getting together the credits I need for a complex that has the base level stations before upgrades. I have 300M credits so far from Nividium mining, it's a slow process. I should probably start boarding, fixing and selling ships to get credits faster. I've already got a Guppy for the fixing part, Sirokos for the boarding part and some EBC-equipped M3 for boarding M6s. I don't have any ships capable of handling anything bigger, the one thing I'm still waiting for is my marines to finish their training, only one out of a couple of dozen is ready so far.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 21:02

There's an "Add existing factory or complex" command on the Planner. Click it, then select your existing complex. The problem is, the existing complex is "non-interactive" in the Planner, you can't upgrade its stations, only add new stations to it. It's acceptable for analyzing a manually built complex, but reinforces that you're better off building the entire complex at once.

As for marines, I feel you can't wait for them to finish, not unless you have another income stream already. Train them to a level you feel is adequate for boarding the ships you feel you can take on, then take them from training and start using them. After several boardings, you will have enough Fight 100 marines that it is safe to put some of them back into training and put new adequate marines into circulation.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”