Cargo Bay Hacker Success Chance?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Iwantyoursmiles
xr

Cargo Bay Hacker Success Chance?

Post by Iwantyoursmiles » Wed, 8. Sep 21, 23:53

How is it calculated?

Does each item stolen in succession increase the odds of being detected?

Does the value of the item effect the success chance?

Does my combat or trade rank have an effect?

Do ships of different classes have different success odds? For both my target and for my own.

Does my reputation with the faction I'm stealing from effect my chance?

If a station or ship is made hostile from hacking will they eventually forgive me or remain hostile forever?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: Cargo Bay Hacker Success Chance?

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 9. Sep 21, 05:29

Bigger and more expensive things do seem to be harder to steal. The largest guns and shields take a lot of reloads to succeed at, if at all. And if the target is already hostile to you, almost impossible to steal from. There was one time I wanted to see if I could steal from a hostile M7 in a mission. I tried for half an hour, repeating the same 10 second sequence, and only managed to steal one of two PALCs on that ship before I gave up.
The Hacker appears to steal in batches. Like if you used it to steal 10 small items and it steals 5 at a time. You can use this to be most efficient and steal the maximum batch size each time.

Iwantyoursmiles
xr

Post by Iwantyoursmiles » Thu, 9. Sep 21, 06:26

Jimmy C wrote:
Thu, 9. Sep 21, 05:29
The Hacker appears to steal in batches. Like if you used it to steal 10 small items and it steals 5 at a time. You can use this to be most efficient and steal the maximum batch size each time.
I did not know that! One step closer to finding the optimal way to use the cargo hacker.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 9. Sep 21, 06:26

I've found that for PSGs, the batch size for those is two, which is how many Paranid EDs tend to stock (out of a max of 4). What I would do is get a couple of PSGs from one dock and sell to the other so it has 4, then use the hacker to steal 2 of them, dock at the station and sell the PSGs back to them. Undock, steal, dock, sell. Rinse and repeat until the station turns hostile at which point you reload, sell and go again. You can make 1.2 million in the space of a few seconds if you're successful. :lol:

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 9. Sep 21, 17:37

The thread HERE gives this list:
* the volume of the goods you steal
* their value (after an average value of 10 000 this stops mattering, everything above it gets treated the same)
* their type (lasers being most likely to be detected)
* their cargo-size (with Xl containers being the most likely to be detected).
* whether the goods is a primary or secondary resource (for stations)
* whether or not the factory is currently producing anything (for stations)
* whether or not your theft would clean out this ware entirely and leave the target with nothing left of that goods (for both ships and stations I think)
* whether or not the target is a xenon (practically impossible to steal from)
* whether or not the target is hostile to you (theoretically possible to steal from but good luck with that)

I've found boarding pods to be a useful item to steal. You can get all 4 in a single group. Even if the Military Outpost goes hostile, you can still steal them within about 20 attempts.

Iwantyoursmiles
xr

Post by Iwantyoursmiles » Thu, 9. Sep 21, 21:28

Hwitvlf wrote:
Thu, 9. Sep 21, 17:37
Thanks.

Just tried stealing cargo pods from a military outpost and then selling them back to it. It's printing money, super over powered.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”