Cheapskate?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Stardolphin
x4

Cheapskate?

Post by Stardolphin » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 04:44

The description says I have to save 100 million credits by using repair laser, but I never get a "paid message" when repair NPC ships. How to get this achievement? :?

Hwitvlf

Re: Cheapskate?

Post by Hwitvlf » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 05:05

It means repair damage to your own ships (repair laser) which would have cost 100Mil to fix if you had paid a shipyard to do the repair.

Stardolphin
x4

Post by Stardolphin » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 04:41

Hwitvlf wrote:
Tue, 7. Sep 21, 05:05
It means repair damage to your own ships (repair laser) which would have cost 100Mil to fix if you had paid a shipyard to do the repair.
Thanks! It's time to repair those captured capital ships manually. :D

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 09:14

Stardolphin wrote:
Sun, 12. Sep 21, 04:41
Hwitvlf wrote:
Buying damaged ships and repairing them, or repairing bails is also a valid way to get this achievement. It goes by faster than you'd think.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Stardolphin
x4

Post by Stardolphin » Tue, 5. Oct 21, 11:24

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Wed, 29. Sep 21, 09:14
Stardolphin wrote:
Hwitvlf wrote:
Buying damaged ships and repairing them, or repairing bails is also a valid way to get this achievement. It goes by faster than you'd think.
I'm testing if my drone carrier piloted by AI can help with this or not. If not then I'll do this with my own repair laser after I got other achievements.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 5. Oct 21, 14:34

Stardolphin wrote:
Tue, 5. Oct 21, 11:24
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Stardolphin wrote:

I'm testing if my drone carrier piloted by AI can help with this or not. If not then I'll do this with my own repair laser after I got other achievements.
There is a threshold to this. I'm not certain, but the damage has to be beyond a certain percentage or the drone carrier won't launch it's drones. It's a run the command, and the process automates. Also, in a situation of Griffon versus Griffon Raider, only the Griffon is a Drone Carrier. The Raider variant is nothing but a light carrier, much like the Cerberus. Tested and confirmed.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Stardolphin
x4

Post by Stardolphin » Wed, 6. Oct 21, 02:55

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 5. Oct 21, 14:34
Stardolphin wrote:
Tue, 5. Oct 21, 11:24
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

There is a threshold to this. I'm not certain, but the damage has to be beyond a certain percentage or the drone carrier won't launch it's drones. It's a run the command, and the process automates. Also, in a situation of Griffon versus Griffon Raider, only the Griffon is a Drone Carrier. The Raider variant is nothing but a light carrier, much like the Cerberus. Tested and confirmed.
The threshold is 10%. I repaired many boarded ships with my Ariadne, this threshold is really inconvenient since full skill marines only take out 2% hull during boarding operation.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 6. Oct 21, 05:54

Shoot the ship a bit after you capture it. That no longer means anything thanks to the repair drones.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”