Automated Mining

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Iwantyoursmiles
xr

Automated Mining

Post by Iwantyoursmiles » Sat, 4. Sep 21, 20:48

The Automated Mining command only requires Mining Command Software and an Ore Collector installed. However, the command will not function correctly if a Mineral Scanner is not installed in the ship. Please make Mineral Scanners required to use the Automated Mining Command.

Just spent a good long while scratching my head wondering why all of the miners I had just setup were stuck on 'searching for minerals'.

First I thought it was because the ships required a Mobile Drilling System installed so I upgraded all my ships to Enhanced Mercuries and scrapped the old ones.

When that didn't work I process of elinination added every software I could think of one at a time until I found the culprit. I was under the impression that the Mineral Scanner was just for the players sake, much like satellites.

Also, can someone clarify what 'maximum movement range' means? I would assume that means how many sectors away the ship can fly but there is already the 'maximum range from start sector' command directly above it that would be redundant.

alexdefelice
x4

Re: Automated Mining

Post by alexdefelice » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 22:44

I'm having the same trouble with my miners stuck on "searching for minerals'. I'm using the Demeter Miners with the built-in mineral scanner. I'm going to try equipping the Mobile Drilling System.

Edit: Mobile drilling system did the trick. So they need mineral scanner (built-in one works), ore collector, and mobile drilling system. Makes sense I suppose.
It's like paradise, spread out with a butter knife.

Falynn
x3tc

Post by Falynn » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 04:03

Installing PACs will work. I use the NMMC miners also.
The drill is good for big rocks
PACs are for smaller rocks .

I use Demeters for big rock mining, and a pelican with falcons and PACs for clean up. That way you collect everything g

Iwantyoursmiles
xr

Post by Iwantyoursmiles » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 17:31

I didn't know you could outfit your miners with anything other than mobile drills. Interesting. I like the Demeter Miner because it is very cheap to manufacture at the HQ. The cost of making the ship is less than the mining software it comes installed with.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”