Cannot improve corporation rank

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sovereign01
x4

Cannot improve corporation rank

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 4. Sep 21, 07:43

In this case, it's OTAS since I cannot get my rank with them above +7 (Master Chief). Looking at the encyclopedia at their enemies list I can see there can be only one possible issue since I'm hostile with everyone on that list except the Paranid. I am at +8 (Emperor's protectorate) currently, I can buy all their stuff. Does this mean I have to reduce my Paranid rank somehow (will probably mean gaining Dukes rep as the only enemy of the Paranid not also an enemy of OTAS), and if so by how much to reach OTAS guardian/hero?

I see that OTAS likes to display their entire lineup in the sector as they have one of each of their ships on display. At the moment I can buy all except the Boreas, Sirokos and Aquilo. I've seen the Boreas flying around other sectors but the other two, only in Legend's home. Are the others found elsewhere or only in one sector? If I have to board them it's going to get really messy.

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Cannot improve corporation rank

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 4. Sep 21, 07:48

This is the wrong Forum to post this question.

I suppose you are referring wither to X3 TC/AP or X3 Farnham's Legacy... You'll find the correct Forums starting from the Board Index...

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 4. Sep 21, 18:08

I have moved this to the X3 Farnham's Legacy forum as the mechanics do not sound like X3 AP. In X3 AP you could gain reputation by doing missions for a faction and it would not impact the reputation of other factions.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sat, 4. Sep 21, 19:04

According to threads I've read, lowering a faction reputation to +7 will remove the soft-cap from your reputation with their enemies. You can find Corporate ships during defend-station missions (ie OTAS is attacking a station) but I doubt you'd see the M7Ms there. Other than the Boreas in Aladna Hill, I've never seen them patrolling anywhere else.

Boarding the ships in Legend's Home is not as hard as it might seem. The Sirokos and Aquillo are pretty harmless, so Astraeus and Boreas are the only real threats. If you blow up or board the Boreas the others are pretty defenseless.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 4. Sep 21, 20:00

I thought I had posted this in the FL forum, this is what happens when I post late at night in a sleep-deprived state! :doh: I'll see what I can do by upping my Dukes rep a bit, will take a couple of goes because my Duke rep is so low :lol:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 10:12

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 4. Sep 21, 20:00
I thought I had posted this in the FL forum, this is what happens when I post late at night in a sleep-deprived state! :doh: I'll see what I can do by upping my Dukes rep a bit, will take a couple of goes because my Duke rep is so low :lol:
Thats why they invented "Jolt" my fellow pilot. :roll:
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 8. Sep 21, 19:51

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 7. Sep 21, 10:12
Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 4. Sep 21, 20:00
Thats why they invented "Jolt" my fellow pilot. :roll:
I could try Red Bull :D

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”