Corporations order and rewards/Nividium mining

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sovereign01
x4

Corporations order and rewards/Nividium mining

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 2. Sep 21, 04:16

Just wondering what the best order is to get stuff I want from the corporations. I've got my rep with NMMC high enough to get the nividium mine and the build command software MKIII (need 150M(!) credits if I want to buy for more than just a single ship). I've got the JD installation kit from Terracorp who now hate me since I've been building up my OTAS rep so I can get myself a Sirokos.
That leaves Atreus, Dukes and Strong Arms all of whom hate me right now, I'm not sure which one of them to butter up next because of that much-maligned dynamic rep. For the main races I'm on good terms with most except the Split, Pirates and Yaki (all of whom hate me) and I don't know how the corporation's rep interacts with each one of those.

I've currently got a small mining fleet gathering Nividium in the unclaimed sector near Getsu Fune with the 3, 5 and 7 yield roids. Had my ships (10 mistrals and a consus) begin mining using an Ozias as a drop point, nearest one was the 5 so they broke that one up to gather. 16 HOURS and 10,000 Nividium later they're STILL gathering from that same roid. Just how much Nividium should I expect to get, especially as that's not even the highest yield asteroid in that sector? I even set the Ozias to gather too to try and speed things up.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: Corporations order and rewards/Nividium mining

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 2. Sep 21, 04:53

Strong Arms gets you access to the Beam weapons you can't get from anyone else. Their shipyard is also the only which you can use to replicate those weapons. Atreus has prototype ships and the Guppy, but you can hunt for those if you need to. Dukes is only good for one, may two things. Cargo Bay Shielding, definitely. Software Signature Suppressor is a maybe for this game, I haven't been scanned ever. You can just steal CBS from Dukes and leave them to rot.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 12:31

Jimmy C wrote:
Thu, 2. Sep 21, 04:53
Strong Arms gets you access to the Beam weapons you can't get from anyone else. Their shipyard is also the only which you can use to replicate those weapons. Atreus has prototype ships and the Guppy, but you can hunt for those if you need to. Dukes is only good for one, may two things. Cargo Bay Shielding, definitely. Software Signature Suppressor is a maybe for this game, I haven't been scanned ever. You can just steal CBS from Dukes and leave them to rot.
I'm fairly certain the game simply does not notify you that you've been scanned. I am certain that it has happened to me as I've watched police approach me, then fly away.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 14:57

if the scan reveals nothing, they will only notify you 10% of the time, you will always be notified if they have found anything though

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 20:58

Does Cargo Bay Shielding hide the SOS? Because I was able to get some early in the game and having been keeping it even when changing ships.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 22:33

it reduces the detection chance, rather than outright hides everything
but it can hide anything thats illegal, and it also hides illegal stuff, and itself from the players scans

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 10:16

Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 3. Sep 21, 14:57
if the scan reveals nothing, they will only notify you 10% of the time, you will always be notified if they have found anything though
I have never once had it go off for me. But the only item I ever carry is space weed, legal in all Teladi sectors. And of course swamp plants, which are now legal everywhere. (Developer oversight?)
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Fri, 10. Sep 21, 02:38

Jimmy C wrote:
Thu, 2. Sep 21, 04:53
blackmarket is also where you can get all that stuff. just have a small little ship fly from tradestation to tradestation and check via menu what they sell. jump in another ship and buy as many as you want. as long you have 1 ship in the sector the wares will not change.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 10. Sep 21, 04:01

Problem with the Black Market is, when it comes to beam weapons, I've never seen them being offered for less than max price. If you're desperate, it is a way to get samples that you can then use to replicate at the shipyard for average price.
If you're running a 1.1 updated game, like me, it's also the only way to get Fusion Beam Cannons. Thankfully, you can still replicate those at the Strong Arms yard.
I also recommend negotiating a discount at the HQ (which acts as the attached Equipment Dock for the Strong Arms yard) if you want to replicate massive quantities of weapons.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 10. Sep 21, 04:31

Jimmy C wrote:
Fri, 10. Sep 21, 04:01
Problem with the Black Market is, when it comes to beam weapons, I've never seen them being offered for less than max price. If you're desperate, it is a way to get samples that you can then use to replicate at the shipyard for average price.
If you're running a 1.1 updated game, like me, it's also the only way to get Fusion Beam Cannons. Thankfully, you can still replicate those at the Strong Arms yard.
I also recommend negotiating a discount at the HQ (which acts as the attached Equipment Dock for the Strong Arms yard) if you want to replicate massive quantities of weapons.
I must be missing something, how do I replicate items?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 10. Sep 21, 04:59

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 10. Sep 21, 04:31

I must be missing something, how do I replicate items?
In shipyards, you can outfit multiple ships at once, provided all of them are exactly the same. That means same cargo space, same engine tuning, same rudder optimization, same installed equipment and same stuff in the cargo bay. One way to do this is buy several of the same ship at the shipyard. But if you have several of the same ships, you can adjust the things they have until they're identical and it'll work too.

However you get them, if you've made the ships identical, you'll see them grouped together in the shipyard's trade window with a "equip [number] ships at once" title above them. Here's the important part, you can click this title! When you do, you go to the usual equip ships window, but everything you buy will be for all those ships at once. If you equip 5 ships and bought a HEPT, you paid for one HEPT on all 5 ships for a total of 5 HEPTs, even if the attached dock doesn't have five HEPTs. Can you see the possibilities now?

As long as you have access to a yard with an attached dock that sells the weapon you want, you can buy as many of that weapon at average price as you can afford. This is not considered a cheat because you have to pay the proper price for everything.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 11. Sep 21, 05:17

So it can be done in any sector that has both a shipyard and equipment dock?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 11. Sep 21, 05:59

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 11. Sep 21, 05:17
So it can be done in any sector that has both a shipyard and equipment dock?
Yes, and even military outposts too. Ceo's Sprite doesn't have an ED but you can get things from the Outpost in the sector at the Shipyard.

But remember, you can only replicate things that are sold at the attached dock.

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 17:18

how does this work with own ships and weapons? and isnt the price less important for certain stuff at a certain point and more how to get them? black market seems to have more supply then docks.

edit: so it only works with what they sell. well the problem i was talking about was getting stuff you cant buy because of your rep with a certain faction.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 18:10

mhooma wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 17:18
how does this work with own ships and weapons? and isnt the price less important for certain stuff at a certain point and more how to get them? black market seems to have more supply then docks.

edit: so it only works with what they sell. well the problem i was talking about was getting stuff you cant buy because of your rep with a certain faction.
Yes, price, quantity and accessibility and your own requirements change throughout the game. This is for when you have the notoriety and unlimited money but not quantity, this allows you to buy hundreds of any weapon, missile or shield you need. Play it right, and you can do away with the complex to build your own gear. It's entirely legit. It's fundamental to how the shipyard can equip bulk ship purchases.

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 02:54

Jimmy C wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 18:10
mhooma wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 17:18

Yes, price, quantity and accessibility and your own requirements change throughout the game. This is for when you have the notoriety and unlimited money but not quantity, this allows you to buy hundreds of any weapon, missile or shield you need. Play it right, and you can do away with the complex to build your own gear. It's entirely legit. It's fundamental to how the shipyard can equip bulk ship purchases.
if you have notoriety and unlimited money you can also build complexes ususally.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 06:18

mhooma wrote:
Thu, 16. Sep 21, 02:54
if you have notoriety and unlimited money you can also build complexes ususally.
Takes a while to build complexes and a while more to get the number of items you want. Replication gets them instantly.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 00:19

Paranid hate me enough thanks to to building my Dukes Rep that they actually sent a Nemesis to attack my mining operation in Perpetual Sin. Luckily I was able to recall its dozen miners, though the Ozias did take 15% hull damage. That aggression did NOT go unpunished, I turned up in my elephant and rammed that SOB. Him screaming "Light fails! Hoahh!" was extremely satisfying! :twisted:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 03:23

I didn't see the how process covered so I figured I'd add that.

To actually replicate you need 2 or more identical ships docked at the shipyard. The more you have the faster the process.

They need to obviously be identical down to their cargo. Then repeat the following process.
Sell 1, buy max. Sell 1 again and buy max.

You can start with 1 item, on one ship, this is fine. Sell it using the upgrade ship option. Then once the shipyard combines them into a single group, you can then start the process of duplication. It will add the amount you select to purchase, to all ships. This works with Shields, Missiles, Weapons. The best ships to use are TS class ships if you plan to duplicate a lot. Just don't forget that all equipment docks allow you to sell items they don't carry. So try not to sell something you don't mean to. :D
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 03:07

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Wed, 20. Oct 21, 03:23
I didn't see the how process covered so I figured I'd add that.

To actually replicate you need 2 or more identical ships docked at the shipyard. The more you have the faster the process.

They need to obviously be identical down to their cargo. Then repeat the following process.
Sell 1, buy max. Sell 1 again and buy max.

You can start with 1 item, on one ship, this is fine. Sell it using the upgrade ship option. Then once the shipyard combines them into a single group, you can then start the process of duplication. It will add the amount you select to purchase, to all ships. This works with Shields, Missiles, Weapons. The best ships to use are TS class ships if you plan to duplicate a lot. Just don't forget that all equipment docks allow you to sell items they don't carry. So try not to sell something you don't mean to. :D
I'm going to have to try that with Ion Cannons, there doesn't seem to be enough of them in the whole game to equip even a single Megalodon. First step is to find one that does offer the IC. I've already got the ships I need for the job, perhaps during a break in the mining I can make use of them :D

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”