Connect new stations to existing complex

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Judicium

Connect new stations to existing complex

Post by Judicium » Sun, 29. Aug 21, 13:49

Hi guys!

I just want to ask how to connect new stations to existing complex? I built a complex using the build option in complex planner. Can I do the same in connecting new stations? I tried using my own TL in connecting stations to the complex planner but it takes too long and the TL becomes idle or just stands there and get stuck in a command or something. What should I do?

Deathifier
xr

Re: Connect new stations to existing complex

Post by Deathifier » Sun, 29. Aug 21, 15:52

Generally you buy another complex construction kit and deploy it so that the original complex hub is in range.
Then, in the list of stations to connect, you can choose the original complex hub, and the kit will connect the other stations to it instead of creating a new hub.

You can use complex extension kits to connect more stations at once.

I believe this also lets you join two complex hubs together, though I haven't tried that.

I do not know how this interacts with the complex planner as I don't use it to actually build complexes.

Hwitvlf

Re: Connect new stations to existing complex

Post by Hwitvlf » Sun, 29. Aug 21, 17:59

The intended method is to plan the new complex, then use 'Add Existing Factory or Complex'. Save the plan and when you build it, the old complex is moved to the new location and the new stations are deployed there too.

Your TL will fly to an old station, then move to the new location and the station will teleport into place. If you're moving an existing complex a long ways, the TL will take a long time flying back and forth. You can minimize the time by choosing a fast TL or building the new complex near the old.

The only significant issue I've run into is when a complex has so many stations that the TL can't carry enough Extension Kits to join all the factories. It buys as many as it can and then idles with 'notoriety too low'. It's very easy to join them manually, but sometimes stations are out of the Hub's range. I just place a new hub near the distant stations and join everything to it. A 200 station complex in Harmony of P. only required one extra hub (near the red square) to join it all.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”