[X3FL 1.2] Don't do that, Dave

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Teykka
x4

[X3FL 1.2] Don't do that, Dave

Post by Teykka » Wed, 25. Aug 21, 12:51

Hello,
I have a strange issue with X3FL:
When I want to export my game stats, good old HAL says it's not a valid story file, data will not be exported, and then my ship and I are vaporized in stellar dust.

[ external image ]

Hmmm.

Then I realized that any progress I have made are not taken in consideration by the game: I have finished the main plot, even built my first TOA (not the plot's one), and I have no new starts unlocked. And that's more annoying than not being able to exports my stats.
All the Achievements I have obtained are only on Local (21/65), and not on Official (0/65).
Searching the forum I have found two other posts related to this issue (here and here ) but with no fix.
So I come here for some help :)

Some details in my case:
- I play on Steam, under Linux (but the other reports were running under Windows so this should not be related to the OS)
- I play Vanilla. Only Vanilla, no mod, no modification of any kind (so any solution involving a *modified* tag is avoided ;) )
- The language of the game is English (not my native language so I apologize for all the mistakes in this message), no translation file or whatsoever
- I have installed the game directly in 1.2 (no previous install)
- When running the game from another computer (-> fresh install of TC, AP, FL), my saved files are here (the sync is ok) but same behavior : Kaboooom.
- When running X3: AP, exporting stats is successful (more, everything is perfectly ok in any aspect)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Hwitvlf

Re: [X3FL 1.2] Don't do that, Dave

Post by Hwitvlf » Wed, 25. Aug 21, 19:34

Even though you haven't modified anything, are your saves tagged as "modified"?

The German thread suggests it was caused by a corrupt Steam installation. Since your save 'self destructs' on another computer, it seems likely that there is/was a problem with your installation which spread to your save file. I don't know of any way to fix your existing saves, but there was a person who had an odd problem with their Steam installation which was fixed when they deleted the whole "documents/egosoft" folder after uninstaling R, AP, TC and FL reinstalled AP and FL only.

If you start a new game, are your achievements uploaded to the official Steam servers?

Teykka
x4

Post by Teykka » Wed, 25. Aug 21, 20:32

Hi, and thanks for the reply

No my saves are not *modified* (I have checked after seeing the german thread)
I also have checked the installation files on Steam in case of a corrupted install, everything is ok (on both computers).

So I did as you suggested:
- Deleted every installed X games (TC, AP, FL), deleted the Egosoft file (in /home/[CurrentUser]/.config/Egosoft on Ubuntu)
- Checked in the Steam folders for any Egosoft related folder left and deleted if so
- Reinstalling only AP and FL (my saved files were restored by Steam)
- Starting a new game

... HAL is still after me :cry:

(I have tried with the Argon and the Teladi starts, just in case, same thing)

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 00:36

Have to start sweet talking Hal, and quit putting the soda's on top of him. :D :lol:
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”