X3FL (1.2) "New" weapon factories screw up complex planner calculations

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: X3FL (1.2) "New" weapon factories screw up complex planner calculations

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 22. Aug 21, 21:41

its possible theres some rounding there, but for SPP and mines, the production is dependant on the factories efficiency. Which is from either sunlight (SPP) or asteroid yields (Mines)
its possible they arn't taking this into account

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sun, 22. Aug 21, 23:22

Thanks for clearing this up Cycrow. I feel a little stupid for not noticing that the cycle time changed, but it makes perfect sense as you would end up with fractional products for stations with long cycles if you stuck with a 1 hour cycle.

This explains why I've never seen a problem with resources while I've been relying on the in-game calculator for my complexes.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 23. Aug 21, 02:05

Cycrow wrote:
Sun, 22. Aug 21, 21:41
its possible theres some rounding there, but for SPP and mines, the production is dependant on the factories efficiency. Which is from either sunlight (SPP) or asteroid yields (Mines)
its possible they arn't taking this into account
All the third party calculators I've seen take sunlight and asteroid yields into account. They shouldn't be off to the point of an entire station's output.
But rounding down an hour's output for 22.5 hours shouldn't either.

I'll take a chance and reduce the factories according to the internal planner.

Edit: I did some more comparing between the internal planner and the online one. The hourly output for one of the missiles over double production cycle period is correct. But the surplus ECell quantity seems to be off by a factor of 1.141. I had also created a smaller scale plan as the first stage of complex construction, the period for that one is 80 minutes, the surplus in that case is only off by half a cell. So it does look to be a case of rounding being wildly divergent.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Mon, 23. Aug 21, 18:23

Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 23. Aug 21, 02:05
But the surplus ECell quantity seems to be off by a factor of 1.141.
Could you clarify; do you mean off by 14.1% per cycle from actual production? Just wondering how this affects the in-game planner. The only way I can picture two planners differing significantly is if one was rounding the output for each station in a stack before adding them.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 23. Aug 21, 19:10

Hwitvlf wrote:
Mon, 23. Aug 21, 18:23

Could you clarify; do you mean off by 14.1% per cycle from actual production? Just wondering how this affects the in-game planner. The only way I can picture two planners differing significantly is if one was rounding the output for each station in a stack before adding them.
Not per actual production, but if I derive a per hour figure from the in-game planner's ECell surplus number and compare to the same figure from the online planner, the in-game planner's figure is higher by 14.1%.
And if I multiply the per hour figure of the online planner to the cycle period of 22 hours and 28 minutes, it is several hundred thousand ECells lower than the in-game planner's figure, by 14.1%.
This seems consistent with my impression of these planners understimating ECell output in AP.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”