repeatable source for focus crystals

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Turmfalke2

repeatable source for focus crystals

Post by Turmfalke2 » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 13:52

hi,
I found a spitfyre blueprint and decided to make myself one. The only weapon I could get for it was the Prototype Matter/Anti-Matter Launcher, so I made 10 of them. Turns out with 10 Prototype Matter/Anti-Matter Launchers the spitfyre cargo hold has no room for shields or ammunitions. So that was a failure.

I am now thinking of building a kha'ak m6 + lasers, but is there anyway I can get more focus crystals? Mining?

Novvak
x3ap

Re: repeatable source for focus crystals

Post by Novvak » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 14:19

I think their number is deliberately limited, as for quantum computers.
I'm not sure if there is any way of getting more throughout the game other than cheating or using scripts...

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 15:25

Max of 30 Focus Crystals and 30 Quantum Computers in the game, no chance for more unless someone mods them in.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Thu, 5. Aug 21, 10:15

You can follow this thread if you are really determined to get more of them (there is also a German version on the forum if it makes any difference to you):

viewtopic.php?f=199&t=440587&p=5069453& ... e#p5069453

Imo the limitation of focus crystals and quantum computers makes no sense from the gameplay perspective (it may in the lore, I have no idea).
There should be a way of making, finding or buying them from somewhere - this should pose a challenge, but not be outright impossible.
If the game expects you to obtain all blueprints for an achievement, which is a massive amount of work, it should also allow you to fly a carrier full of Spitfyres if you wish to do so...

Using this method doesn't turn your save into a "modified" one so you can still get achievements. It is cheating, but it's a single player game, so do whatever you please with it!

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 25. Aug 21, 05:49

Novvak wrote:
Thu, 5. Aug 21, 10:15
You can follow this thread if you are really determined to get more of them (there is also a German version on the forum if it makes any difference to you):

viewtopic.php?f=199&t=440587&p=5069453& ... e#p5069453

Imo the limitation of focus crystals and quantum computers makes no sense from the gameplay perspective (it may in the lore, I have no idea).
There should be a way of making, finding or buying them from somewhere - this should pose a challenge, but not be outright impossible.
If the game expects you to obtain all blueprints for an achievement, which is a massive amount of work, it should also allow you to fly a carrier full of Spitfyres if you wish to do so...

Using this method doesn't turn your save into a "modified" one so you can still get achievements. It is cheating, but it's a single player game, so do whatever you please with it!
I'm going to need this, I finally got the blueprints for the Beta Kyon Emitters so now I can build and arm that Khaak Corvette that I've had my eye on.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Wed, 25. Aug 21, 07:15

Can you also get Beta Kyons from bailing Khaak fighters?

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 25. Aug 21, 19:37

Hwitvlf wrote:
Wed, 25. Aug 21, 07:15
Are Khaak enemies present in vanilla FC?

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Wed, 25. Aug 21, 20:06

Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 25. Aug 21, 19:37
Hwitvlf wrote:
I'll give the Pinocchio answer from Shrek: It wouldn't be altogether improbable to say that without unforeseeable contradiction from unknown variables while discussing the probability of a non-negative answer to queries related to this particular question point toward the likelihood that encounters of the nature which was before indicated by said question and or questions are entirely not unexpected.
Spoiler
Show
Yes. A Khaak station should appear in a discovered sector a while after you start building TOAs

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 26. Aug 21, 05:43

Hwitvlf wrote:
Wed, 25. Aug 21, 20:06
Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 25. Aug 21, 19:37
Hwitvlf wrote:
I'll give the Pinocchio answer from Shrek: It wouldn't be altogether improbable to say that without unforeseeable contradiction from unknown variables while discussing the probability of a non-negative answer to queries related to this particular question point toward the likelihood that encounters of the nature which was before indicated by said question and or questions are entirely not unexpected.
Spoiler
Show
Yes. A Khaak station should appear in a discovered sector a while after you start building TOAs
Good to know, I'm some way from producing them myself! :mrgreen:

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”