Space fuel & weed?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sovereign01
x4

Space fuel & weed?

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 21:12

Are space fuel and weed complexes worth building or should I focus my efforts on providing materials for TOAs? At the moment my progress has stalled as I haven't been able to start the Terran plot? As far as I can tell there are only a handful of sectors that have asteroids but not at least one station belonging to one of the factions, meaning my opportunities for complexes free of harassment are far more limited than TC & AP.

Stu Austin
x4

Re: Space fuel & weed?

Post by Stu Austin » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 23:02

Hello all. I built a small Space Fuel complex, 2 x Space Fuel, 3 x Wheat in the sector north of Elysium of Light to the left side and its been doing pretty good. I tried moving it to the Race sectors but the Military kept destroying the Space Fuel stations. I set the price at 727. Seems like the Goner sectors are a safe haven for Space Fuel complex's. Don't know about Space Weed.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

CynicalDan
x3ap

Post by CynicalDan » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 23:52

So far I have 4 complexes
1x Rastar oil
1x microchip
1x cahoona
1x spacefuel

The first 3 aren't anything to boast about however the spacefuel one I have has given me an infinite amount of credits.

It's in the unknown sector next to unseen domain.
It consists of 42 stations.
5x XXL crystal fabs
5x XXL cattle ranch
5x XXL cahoona bakeries
10x XXL spacefuel fabs
10x XXL wheat farms
1x L wheat farm
2x 64 Yield XXL silicon mines
And finally 4 XXL solar power plants

So far according to my trade report I've made 12215466229 credits from spacefuel alone.

Also currently planning another big complex in the sector south of the spacefuel sector that so far has a combined cost of 690 million credits and it's not finished yet, currently estimated to earn 147 million in profit but that will go much higher by the time I'm done.. :lol:
Hopefully it'll provide me with everything I need for equipping fleets. :twisted:

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 08:28

Based on my playthrough, I can definitely recommend space fuel and weed complexes.
Like CynicalDan, I have also built mine in unclaimed sector next to Unseen Domain (renamed it to Avarice, of course).
If you set the selling price to Avg -1, AI will be lining up to buy your stuff.
The added benefit of space fuel is that when you decide to produce pirate weapons, namely Plasma Burst Generators for fighters and Incendiary Bomb Launchers for frigates, you will be able to actually supply the factories. The weapons, however are not bought by AI as far as I've seen.
Another upside is that you can sell your illegal goods on the black market if you don't mind to micro manage it and spend some time looking for merchants that want it.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 08:51

Novvak wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 08:28
Based on my playthrough, I can definitely recommend space fuel and weed complexes.
Like CynicalDan, I have also built mine in unclaimed sector next to Unseen Domain (renamed it to Avarice, of course).
If you set the selling price to Avg -1, AI will be lining up to buy your stuff.
The added benefit of space fuel is that when you decide to produce pirate weapons, namely Plasma Burst Generators for fighters and Incendiary Bomb Launchers for frigates, you will be able to actually supply the factories. The weapons, however are not bought by AI as far as I've seen.
Another upside is that you can sell your illegal goods on the black market if you don't mind to micro manage it and spend some time looking for merchants that want it.
I will add it helps a lot for mission where you are asked to scan for illegals. I set my complexe at the exact same place called it "Narcotics" and i'm sometime scanning every ship getting out of the gate on the other side, and they most of the time have Spacefuel/SpaceWeed what is illegal in paranid systems lol.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 21:45

CynicalDan wrote:
Mon, 2. Aug 21, 23:52
So far I have 4 complexes
1x Rastar oil
1x microchip
1x cahoona
1x spacefuel

The first 3 aren't anything to boast about however the spacefuel one I have has given me an infinite amount of credits.

It's in the unknown sector next to unseen domain.
It consists of 42 stations.
5x XXL crystal fabs
5x XXL cattle ranch
5x XXL cahoona bakeries
10x XXL spacefuel fabs
10x XXL wheat farms
1x L wheat farm
2x 64 Yield XXL silicon mines
And finally 4 XXL solar power plants

So far according to my trade report I've made 12215466229 credits from spacefuel alone.

Also currently planning another big complex in the sector south of the spacefuel sector that so far has a combined cost of 690 million credits and it's not finished yet, currently estimated to earn 147 million in profit but that will go much higher by the time I'm done.. :lol:
Hopefully it'll provide me with everything I need for equipping fleets. :twisted:
In AP I put a HUGE complex in Savage Spur that was poducing all manner of commonwealth weapons and shields, mostly the big guns, and a large Terran weapon complex in Weaver's Tempest. Something tells me however that would be unfeasible this time! :mrgreen:

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”