order all drones to attack shields?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Turmfalke2

order all drones to attack shields?

Post by Turmfalke2 » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 18:22

hi,
I am trying my luck at boarding, but it is really painful. How do I order all my drones to attack the shields? I can do it for each individual, but mass menu only has attack... . Also when deploying my marines they sometimes get teleported several kilometers away from the target ship, why?
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Mon, 2. Aug 21, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to English forum

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: order all drones to attack shields?

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 20:18

I tried to use drones like that in AP. It's very inefficient in terms of time and money. Think of the drones as missiles, not recoverable items. You are not likely to recover many before they expire after the boarding is complete. Get an M6 instead, especially one that can equip Ion Pulse Generators and Ion Disruptors, and just shoot until the shields go down.
As to the other matter, that usually happens when you ejected the marines inside the other ship's collision box. The collision detection put them far away due to that. The trick to eject them just outside the collision box where the marines will be at the closest to the target. Good luck with that. I can never make it work so I use pods all the time.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”