Which HSAP sector should I choose?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Jimmy C
x3tc

Which HSAP sector should I choose?

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 28. Jul 21, 17:53

These are the available HSAP sectors in my current game:

Rhonkar's Trial beta
Dark Waters beta
Profit Center Alpha B
Spaceweed Grove beta
Lasting Vengeance beta
Nathan's Voyage beta
Midnight Star beta
Tears of Greed beta

Running on a 1.1 updated to 1.2 game, so there's only 8 sectors. I would like some recommendations on which sectors are safest in terms of not having hostiles regularly travelling through their connected sectors. The problem is, the resource rich sectors are on the Xenon highway, Nathan's, Midnight and Tears. Profit is also on the highway but is poor. The safer ones are rather resource poor, Dark Waters, Rhonkar, Vengance.

How "safe" is Spaceweed Grove beta if you're hostile with pirates?

Are the ones on the highway not as dangerous as I thought?

Would I be better off setting up a complex in Mines of Fortune or Savage Spur?

Da-V-Man
x4

Re: Which HSAP sector should I choose?

Post by Da-V-Man » Wed, 28. Jul 21, 19:28

I didn't claim any of the pirate-adjacent sectors in my game, so I can't speak to their hostility or lack thereof. I did claim Nathan's Voyage Beta and Midnight Star Beta, and am just finishing a complex in one of them. So far I've had one Xenon incursion into NV Beta, and none anywhere else. Perhaps that will change as I build them up more, but I think generally they'll hit resistance before they get to you because they need to cross at least one sector first. I've built a laser-tower complex and am planning to line the sector accelerators with them so that any hostile intruders shouldn't be a threat.

I think in hindsight I'd go for the high yield sectors first, assuming they weren't next to a hostile enemy. Spaceweed Grove beta might be okay if you can patrol it. For me, I would not claim Rhonkar's Trial beta or Lasting Vengeance beta as the neighbouring corps hate my guts.

Also, regarding Mines of Fortune (and probably Savage Spur too): in my game I'm aligned with the Argon & Boron, so the Split don't like me. I don't have anything in Mines of Fortune yet but I have a station in Shareholder's Fortune. I find that sector gets a lot of hostile attention, and that the Split sometimes send their military ships through that corridor. You may have to ensure that the path to your complex is either secure or out of the way of potential hostilities there too.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 29. Jul 21, 09:14

So far I have had no problems in Dark Waters Beta. I have that one in my game. Profit Center Alpha I see lot's of Yaki attack freighters in it. The Teladi claimed beta before I could. Then you have Xenon who like to attack PTNI right next door.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Thu, 29. Jul 21, 09:17

If you are friendly with Paranids i recommend Consecrated fire beta. If you are lucky many other sectors to claim around, and it's pretty close to some really good ship yards and interesting stuff (like Nividium)

I played in Profit Center Alpha Beta and the name is already a bit funny but i can't really recommend it as it was a pain in the ass to play in this sector. Xenon invasions, lot of pirates and sometime big military ships that don't care about Teladi neutrality and attacks you in this neutral space making it impossible for you to riposte without having the police issues.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 02:44

I have never seen an invasions into Player owned sectors other than standard Xenon fare (which scales with player rank) but they don't target stations.. The Strong Arm, Duke etc spawn groups in all sectors, but they just leave without attacking anything. Strongarm M3s have their turrets to 'attack enemy' which can start a battle if you're In-System, but doesn't do anything Out-Of-System.

If you have a jump beacon, I would just pick one based on asteroids and solar if you plan on building a complex there.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”