Will game get any bug fixes in future or FL life cycle has concluded?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Artificial

Will game get any bug fixes in future or FL life cycle has concluded?

Post by Artificial » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 16:18

Can anybody clarify, are developers plans to do any further fixes for existing bugs that has been found by players or FL won't get further technical support at all?

Here's list of bugs (not complete, I guess), that players reported on FL forum:
You've been duked? viewtopic.php?f=199&t=439402

Bug with upgraded Fusion Beam Cannon Forge viewtopic.php?f=199&t=440376
No fusion beam cannon forge in Shipyards viewtopic.php?f=199&t=440643

[bug]Bug with sector stealing that was fixed in beta still exist in 1.2 viewtopic.php?f=199&t=440766

Few potential issues with "Launch All Marines" hotkey at M7/M7M/M2 (plus no piracy menu for Kariudo) viewtopic.php?f=199&t=440450
X3FL 1.2: Hotkey to launch all marines doesn't work for M7Ms viewtopic.php?f=93&t=440227

Solar Power Plants in race-claimed HSAP sectors require Crystals as primary resource viewtopic.php?f=199&t=440392

[bug?] After 1.2 update some ships stops to do anything --not actually solved viewtopic.php?f=199&t=440238&p=5067518
[BUG]Command rejected viewtopic.php?f=199&t=440420

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Will game get any bug fixes in future or FL life cycle has concluded?

Post by CBJ » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 17:13

There are no plans for any further updates specifically to fix gameplay problems. If we have a technical reason to release another update (e.g. to add a new language based on translations provided by the community, or a compatibility update for a new OS version) then we may include a fix for something else, if such a fix exists. However the volunteers who developed the game are not actively looking for such fixes, so there is absolutely no guarantee that a particular issue will be fixed even if it is "well known". Similarly, there is no guarantee that a particular fix will be included even if it has been developed, if testing and including it in a build would extend the work involved significantly. Short answer: no promises! :)

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 19:35

Note that some of the things you list as a bug are not bugs. Like the issue of crystals required as primary ressources for new SPP.

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 22:44

It is incredibly sad that after obviously putting so many hours of work and dedication, Egosoft has pulled the plug on that project so soon.
I understand that it is not economically feasible, especially when FL is given out for free.
It's still very unfortunate that most of that work will go to waste as the product would still need few weeks in the oven.

I had quite a few hours of fun with this game, so I'm very grateful for that for everyone involved.
Sadly the compounding effect of FL's features not working properly or being unfinished outweights the fun for me at this point.
Maybe I will try to power through the plots while I have some more time ...

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 22. Jul 21, 18:20

There's nothing preventing people from doing tweaks in unofficial Mods. It would break Steam achievements, but that seems relatively small. I think the best bet for getting another official patch, is to make an unofficial Mod fix which is tested and stable. There's a whole forum dedicated to modding FL so why not?

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”