Bug - weapons not working

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Lenthalar
x4

Bug - weapons not working

Post by Lenthalar » Mon, 19. Jul 21, 22:30

Hi everyone,

I don't know, if this was reported yet...

I am playing the Teladi plot start. I was getting a Nemesis via Mission to destroy a pirate base. I cannot shoot with that ship. (No, not in wrong weapon group or anything stupid xD)
I tried:
- reloading
- Restarting the mission
- switching weapons to almost any slot / any group
- swapping weapon to particle accelerator cannons
- verifying game files
- reinstalling the game
Nothing worked.

Then I recalled I wasnt able to shoot right at the start, too. After getting the first blueprint for a Scorpion, I even built one for myself - with that one I was finally able to use weapons.
Thought it belongs to the story part. But not now anymore.

Tried Split start. Same problem. No shooting with starter ship
Tried Argon Official - can shoot with that starter ship

So I don't know what is causing this, but it seems the plot-given ships are pacified somehow...
I know that happens during the plot at some point. Is there a flag set wrong anywhere thats causing this?

Really need help with this one. Can't really continue my save and can only start a new one as argon official I fear. Still got some starts to test left though.

Version: Steam w/ all X3 versions (R, AP, TC, FL) FL Version 1.2

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stu Austin
x4

Re: Bug - weapons not working

Post by Stu Austin » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 00:18

Hello all. I just tried the Split and Teladi starts and both starter ships are firing their weapons. Uninstalled and re-installed weapons and they fire with no problems. Using version 1.2. Try using your left "Ctrl" key on the keyboard and see if they fire the weapons.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 00:48

I have not heard of this problem with anyone else. My guess would be that there's a conflict somewhere in your key-bindings or controller setup. Maybe try uploading a save so other's can see.

Lenthalar
x4

Post by Lenthalar » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 00:52

Stu Austin wrote:
Tue, 20. Jul 21, 00:18
Hello all. I just tried the Split and Teladi starts and both starter ships are firing their weapons. Uninstalled and re-installed weapons and they fire with no problems. Using version 1.2. Try using your left "Ctrl" key on the keyboard and see if they fire the weapons.
stu
It does not work - I tried it. When I leave the ship I can zap around with the space suit (right clicking as always). As soon as I get back in the ship: nothing.
Hwitvlf wrote:
Tue, 20. Jul 21, 00:48
I have not heard of this problem with anyone else. My guess would be that there's a conflict somewhere in your key-bindings or controller setup. Maybe try uploading a save so other's can see.
I dont have a controller set up. Just playing with keyboard & mouse.
I'll try uploading.

Lenthalar
x4

Post by Lenthalar » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 01:14

Argon - working
Teladi - not working
Boron - working
Split - not working
Paranid - working
Gonder - didnt test
Yaki - working

Savegames:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggjf4eiuen1prbi/X3FL.rar?dl=0
- Nemesis Mission (on station right before accepting mission to destroy pirate base with the Nemesis)
- Split Start
- Teladi Start

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 05:43

Weird. Do you have any mods installed?

When I load your saves, the camera view is in the wrong place and the weapons won't fire, but everything goes to normal when I pass through a gate or undock. The model for the Military Outpost is also messed up until I leave the system and re-enter. I'm no expert, but It seems to me that there must be something wacky about your installation as opposed to the game itself.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 06:39

Hwitvlf wrote:
Tue, 20. Jul 21, 05:43
Weird. Do you have any mods installed?

When I load your saves, the camera view is in the wrong place and the weapons won't fire, but everything goes to normal when I pass through a gate or undock. The model for the Military Outpost is also messed up until I leave the system and re-enter. I'm no expert, but It seems to me that there must be something wacky about your installation as opposed to the game itself.
Hello. You beat me to it. Same things happen with me after loading the saves. I concur also that once going thru a gate or accelerator, everything goes normal. I don't think he has any mods installed because I checked Pilot Status and no *modified* shows up.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 07:56

1) Try deleting the profile folder - c: \ Users \ **** \ Documents \ Egosoft \ X3FL \ profiles \
2) Check the game files via Steam
3) Start a new game.

Lenthalar
x4

Post by Lenthalar » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 20:08

alexalsp wrote:
Tue, 20. Jul 21, 07:56
1) Try deleting the profile folder - c: \ Users \ **** \ Documents \ Egosoft \ X3FL \ profiles \
2) Check the game files via Steam
3) Start a new game.
that sadly did not work.

I'll try again removing X3:R, AP, TC, FL completely - removing any leftover folders and then reinstall...

Lenthalar
x4

Post by Lenthalar » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 21:17

that worked.

deleted the whole "documents/egosoft" folder after uninstaling R, AP, TC and FL

reinstalled AP and FL only.

Started game.

Teladi start working now.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 23:36

Great you got it fixed, but I wonder what exactly caused the issue.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 09:23

Hwitvlf wrote:
Tue, 20. Jul 21, 23:36
Sounds like something was corrupt in that directory. I've seen it happen while working on an IT help desk before. With stuff like Office programs and such, but not with a game like this.

Edit: I re-read his fix. If I recall, my install grabbed part of X3:AP when it did it's install. His second attempt he actually reinstalled AP. If I had to guess, something was wonky with it.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Lenthalar
x4

Post by Lenthalar » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 21:50

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Wed, 21. Jul 21, 09:23
Hwitvlf wrote:
Tue, 20. Jul 21, 23:36
Sounds like something was corrupt in that directory. I've seen it happen while working on an IT help desk before. With stuff like Office programs and such, but not with a game like this.

Edit: I re-read his fix. If I recall, my install grabbed part of X3:AP when it did it's install. His second attempt he actually reinstalled AP. If I had to guess, something was wonky with it.
I reinstalled the game (X:AP and X:FL) prior to the try that eventually solved the problem.

Only differences were
- also deleting X:R, X:TC along with X:AP and X:FL
- deleting the egosoft folder that in "documents" that you guys mentioned might have been the problem.

So its either some wonky stuff in the egosoft folder, or some cross-problems with X:TC and X:R. I would deem the latter more unlikely, though.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 23:06

There was a (reported fixed here) problem with a sound file not being correctly copied/installed from (AP or TC, I forget which), but a) IIRC it was for Linux only & b) I can't see how it would impact weps fire in such a way. I'm puzzled..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”