Complex construction

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

mr.WHO
x4

Complex construction

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 18:11

It's been very long since I was doing complex construction, so I have a few questions.

1) Can I add already constructed stand-alone station into complex constructed later?
2) Are there stations that cannot be added to the complex?
3) Is it possible to tow stand alone stations between sectors via tractor beam?
4) Is it possible to deconstruct station?

Ramdat
x3ap

Re: Complex construction

Post by Ramdat » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 18:22

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 15. Jul 21, 18:11
1) Can I add already constructed stand-alone station into complex constructed later?
Yes. Use Complex Construction Kits or Complex Extension Kits.
mr.WHO wrote:
Yes, but only a small amount of special stations. Most things you would add, such as energy, food, ores, weapons, and shields can be combined into a complex.
mr.WHO wrote:
3) Is it possible to tow stand alone stations between sectors via tractor beam?
No. Use the "pack station" command described below.
mr.WHO wrote:
If you have Build Command Software MK2 on the TL, you can pick up the station with the "pack station" command. This command returns the station to the inventory of the TL. You can use this to move it to another location or recycle it at your HQ for 80% of it's construction resources, excluding money.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 20:16

mr.WHO wrote:
2- I think a post mentioned the Marine Training Barracks and one other station that couldn't be added to a complex.

4 -If you pack a station, it would probably be a good idea to cancel any activity for the ships homebased there first: cancel the Manager, stop Auto-miners etc. There have been some reports of issues which might be related to the scripts getting stuck when their homebase is packed up and moved. This is just my speculation, but better safe than sorry.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 16. Jul 21, 00:30

One more question - can I pack and relocate the HQ station?

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Fri, 16. Jul 21, 01:28

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 16. Jul 21, 00:30
One more question - can I pack and relocate the HQ station?
Yes, but if you have more wares inside the HQ than the TL can hold, you need to offload it first. Likewise, any wares inside a normal station must be removed beforehand, or the TL requires freight drones to do it automatically, as it cannot dock at most stations.

Ensure that the HQ's queue is empty before attempting to pack it up, since any queue progress will be permanently deleted once packed. And, it might be a good idea to do as Hwitvlf suggested.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 16. Jul 21, 11:10

Can I contract NPC TL to pack my stations?

I made a msitake of aligning with Paranid while my HQ is still in Boron sector, so I would prefer to move out as soon as possible.

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Fri, 16. Jul 21, 15:46

I think NPCs cannot be hired to pack stations, but I've never attempted it.

Do you mean at the end of the Hub Plot
Spoiler
Show
you chose to align to the Paranid gate? If so, it doesn't matter unless your notoriety with Boron is in the red. As long as you keep it positive, they won't attack it. Use agents to stay positive with them until you can move it. The entry level notoriety ranks change easily due to their low notoriety points requirements, so it would be a good idea to get a buffer of notoriety higher than you think you need. Or, you could protect your notoriety by only accepting Teladi missions until you are ready to choose a side. They are neutral with everyone except Yaki, so their missions will not negatively impact notoriety with the other main races.

The gate choice gives a small amount of notoriety, but the most important aspect is that the decision changes where the Hub connects to the real universe.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”