Ship Repair? + Boarding info

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

mr.WHO
x4

Ship Repair? + Boarding info

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 12:36

1) I got some claimed pirate fighters that I don't want to waste time with repair laser or ferry all the way back to HQ.

Where I can repair them? I checked Equipment Dock, Military Outpost and Trading Station, but none offer the repairs.

Can I only repait at Wharf and Shipyard? I haven't yet got out of Paranid sector in plot.

2) Can someone gives me basics of Marine boarding procedure - it's been ages since I boarded something in X3TC and my mind has long switched to X4 boarding system.

Falynn
x3tc

Re: Ship Repair? + Boarding info

Post by Falynn » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 13:38

You can use the repair drones from Atreus HQ. But you have to have an M7D with drone command software installed.
As far as boarding goes I don't know never tried it in AP
I do know that each class of ship (M6-M1) take a certain amount of marines per class to board.
M6 take 5. M1 could take more than 20 depending

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 16:52

If you are still doing the starting plot, then your only option is your personal repair laser, as there are no shipyards in the Void sectors.
Space suit has built in SETA and the biggest ship you can have at this point in game is a corvette, so repairs shouldn't take too long. You just hold control while aiming at the ship and press SETA button, it will be done rather quickly.

As for boarding - there is a fairly good starting guide on Steam on the X3FL page. I'm not good at it so won't be able to give you any hints other than:

1. Marines can be bought on large stations such as Military Station or Equipment dock, later in the game you can steal a blueprint or buy a station from StrongArms - marine training barracks, that allow you to change "civilians" and Slaves into marines. This option requires lots of time and very deep pockets.
2. When getting marines, mostly look at their fighting skill as this can only get improved in actual combat, other skills can be trained in Military Stations or your own marine barracks.
3. People say that the quickest and cheapest way to train skills is by using a "Quick" training option on a single skill. I find it too micro intensive so I'm doing advanced training against one skill and it's fine too.
4. Some ships - mainly missile frigates, allow you to use boarding pods. These work like rockets, each carry 5 marines on board. You can either buy them from stations across the universe or make in your HQ after buying a blueprint from the Explorers Guild.
5. Xenon ships are extremely difficult and costly to board, so avoid them until you read a more detailed guide and train plenty of marines to 5 stars in each skill.

Martin Head
xr

Post by Martin Head » Fri, 16. Jul 21, 12:19

Novvak wrote:
Thu, 15. Jul 21, 16:52
2. When getting marines, mostly look at their fighting skill as this can only get improved in actual combat, other skills can be trained in Military Stations or your own marine barracks.
You need a Bioscanner to to see their skills. (not found one yet in my game)

The other thing you can do, is to do a save. Buy the available marines. Look to see which are the best. Reload, then just buy the one's you want.

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Fri, 16. Jul 21, 18:21

Good point on the Bioscanners. That piece of equipment is also useful for establishing if the ship you want to board carries its own marines, which will make boarding more difficult.
Jonferco HQ sells them in Belt of Aguilar if I remember it right.
Aside from that I think Duke's sell them as well in Lasting Vengeance.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”