Limited economey, no 5MJ shields

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Turmfalke2

Limited economey, no 5MJ shields

Post by Turmfalke2 » Wed, 14. Jul 21, 17:50

hi,
I am still very much at the start of the game. I have connected the first sector (Paranid) and my current mission is to hunt some pirates. I don't really want to kick of a war with the pirates while only commanding an 5m with a total 4MJ Shield power. I have therefore manufactured my self a split scorpion. The scorpion however needs 5MJ shields. The Paranid equipment dock would trade them, but it has none. There are also 5MJ Shield factories in the known universe and no shipyards to buy a factory.

Am I missing something really obvious here or am I expected to fight the pirates in my m5?

Also I keep getting news about stations getting demolished in sectors I haven't discovered yet. Is that supposed to happen?

Ramdat
x3ap

Re: Limited economey, no 5MJ shields

Post by Ramdat » Wed, 14. Jul 21, 17:53

Turmfalke2 wrote:
Wed, 14. Jul 21, 17:50
Am I missing something really obvious here or am I expected to fight the pirates in my m5?
You can complete it easily with your M5. You only need to kill five pirates to complete the quest. Just pick off a few M5s and M4s.
Turmfalke2 wrote:
Also I keep getting news about stations getting demolished in sectors I haven't discovered yet. Is that supposed to happen?
Yes, it's just flavour. Don't worry about it.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 06:15

Turmfalke2 wrote:
I think the devs said the notices come when the game engine removes a factory from the universe, but the stories are just flavor.

About fighting pirates in an M5- remember you can com a single ship asking them to surrender to separate them out of a pack.

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Sun, 18. Jul 21, 17:52

I stopped getting those after the 1.1 update. My save is from the first release.

Turmfalke2

Post by Turmfalke2 » Mon, 19. Jul 21, 00:21

Hwitvlf wrote:
Thu, 15. Jul 21, 06:15
I think the devs said the notices come when the game engine removes a factory from the universe, but the stories are just flavor.
I figured that much, it just felt wrong that I get messages for sectors I haven't discovered yet. Especially while being trapped in the void.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”