Repairing Stations?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Falynn
x3tc

Repairing Stations?

Post by Falynn » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 20:43

It's been awhile since I had to repair a station from attack. How do you do it in X3FL?
I remember that there was a service you paid in AP, but not seeing anything like that here.
Do you have to use the repair drones from the guppy? Or is their another way to do it?

Deathifier
xr

Re: Repairing Stations?

Post by Deathifier » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 05:23

Using drones (the M4 class drones, not fighter drones and such) on any drone carrier should work using the repair station command, the Boron Extended Drone is fastest at it though.

Manual repair with your repair laser should work too.

Not sure there if is another option.

Falynn
x3tc

Post by Falynn » Sun, 11. Jul 21, 13:00

So it has to be a drone carrier? You can't just buy the software and drone and use, say a TL or any carrier ship? Are they only for sale incase you loose this on the drone carriers?

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Sun, 11. Jul 21, 13:26

Sadly it has to be a drone carrier.
But you can buy the dedicated repair drones at Atreus HQ (those that come with Guppy and repair 3x faster) and use them with any drone carrier you own no matter the race.

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Sun, 11. Jul 21, 13:58

Is there a way to produce M4 Drones yourself? Atreus hates me for some reason and I'm not really to eager to rebuild my reputation with them.
I have factories that make Fighter Drones Mk2 and Freight Drones, but I believe these are not the drones that are supposed to be used by Drone Carriers?
Alternatively, do the drones in the carrier get rebuilt by the ship itself if they get blown up?

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sun, 11. Jul 21, 16:28

There are several types of M4 Drones. Fore example, the Boron drone has an extra repair laser. You get the blueprints for the corresponding drone when you reverse engineer an M7D.

Drone carriers do not auto-rebuild destroyed drones, but there is a setting that makes them try to buy a replacement. I'm not sure it works correctly though, as my Guppy lost one drone and replaced it at Atreus shipyard, but never stopped trying to buy more - even when the auto-replace feature was turned off. Whenever the Guppy was idle, it would say 'replacing drone' and jump to Atreus shipyard and park there doing nothing.

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Sun, 11. Jul 21, 18:22

Thank you, I will keep an eye on the blueprints in that case :)

Falynn
x3tc

Post by Falynn » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 19:16

I bought the extended drone from atreus then reversed engineered it. So yes it can be bought or stolen. I do not have a drone carrier

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”