No fusion beam cannon forge in Shipyards

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Spartan
x4

No fusion beam cannon forge in Shipyards

Post by Spartan » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 11:56

I have a long-lasting game save started in 1.0 and now I discovered that there is no Fusion Beam Cannon Forge in the Terran Shipyard in The Moon sector (as well, as in others). As I remember there was such a station before 1.2 in Shipyards. So my question: is it intentional, or is it a bug?
Last edited by Spartan on Sat, 10. Jul 21, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.

Deianeira
x3tc

Re: No fusion beam cannon forge in Terran Shipyards

Post by Deianeira » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 13:36

Spartan wrote:
Fri, 9. Jul 21, 11:56
I have a long-lasting game save started in 1.0 and now I discovered that there is no Fusion Beam Cannon Forge in the Terran Shipyard in The Moon sector (as well, as in others). As I remember there was such a station before 1.2 in Shipyards. So my question: is it intentional, or is it a bug?
The four beam weapon factories were and still are Strong Arms exclusives. You will also need rank 8 to buy them.

Spartan
x4

Post by Spartan » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 10:56

Deianeira wrote:
Fri, 9. Jul 21, 13:36
The four beam weapon factories were and still are Strong Arms exclusives. You will also need rank 8 to buy them.
That was correct in 1.1. But not any more. There is no Fusion Beam Canon Forge in Strong Arms Shipyard (just check).

Deianeira
x3tc

Post by Deianeira » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 22:15

Spartan wrote:
Sat, 10. Jul 21, 10:56
Deianeira wrote:
That was correct in 1.1. But not any more. There is no Fusion Beam Canon Forge in Strong Arms Shipyard (just check).
Sorry, you are right. The station is only available at the terran shipyards in a new 1.2 game. Apparently removing works between patches, but not adding. You will have to save up a few million exploration points, get lucky and buy the blueprint from the Explorers Guild... or start a new game. :(

Spartan
x4

Post by Spartan » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 22:24

Deianeira wrote:
Sat, 10. Jul 21, 22:15
Sorry, you are right. The station is only available at the terran shipyards in a new 1.2 game. Apparently removing works between patches, but not adding. You will have to save a few million exploration points, get lucky and buy the blueprint from the Explorers Guild... or start a new game. :(
Oh, I see now. That's unfortunate. Thanks for reply anyway.

phantomrock2
x4

Re: No fusion beam cannon forge in Shipyards

Post by phantomrock2 » Sun, 11. Jul 21, 05:58

start a new game... :o :rant: :roll:
[" thank you "]

Artificial

Post by Artificial » Sun, 11. Jul 21, 08:48

Starting new game usually isn't a variant for most people - they already used many enough time in their current save, so all what left for them is to hope that devs will make hotfix.

Spartan
x4

Post by Spartan » Sun, 11. Jul 21, 09:34

My 200+ stations complexes and M1/M2 space fleet say "No" to new game. :roll: A fix from the devs would be great, although chances are small.

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Sun, 11. Jul 21, 20:15

Spartan wrote:
Sun, 11. Jul 21, 09:34
My 200+ stations complexes and M1/M2 space fleet say "No" to new game. :roll: A fix from the devs would be great, although chances are small.
Since it's a standard station the explorers guild might randomly offer it, though I suspect it will be costly due to it being a high-rep station plus the odds are low to get that specific station unless perhaps you already have a large blueprint collection.

Spartan
x4

Post by Spartan » Sun, 11. Jul 21, 20:50

Deathifier wrote:
Sun, 11. Jul 21, 20:15
Since it's a standard station the explorers guild might randomly offer it, though I suspect it will be costly due to it being a high-rep station plus the odds are low to get that specific station unless perhaps you already have a large blueprint collection.
For now, I will look for Fusion Beam Cannons on the Black market. I have no much blueprints and I don't have enough discovery points, probably.

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 18:23

Deianeira wrote:
Spartan wrote:
Deianeira wrote:
Sorry, you are right. The station is only available at the terran shipyards in a new 1.2 game. Apparently removing works between patches, but not adding. You will have to save up a few million exploration points, get lucky and buy the blueprint from the Explorers Guild... or start a new game. :(
If you destroy the shipyard, would it respawn eventually with the FBC forge?
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

Spartan
x4

Post by Spartan » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 20:05

Da-V-Man wrote:
Mon, 12. Jul 21, 18:23
If you destroy the shipyard, would it respawn eventually with the FBC forge?
Interesting question. Maybe it's worth trying. I am at +9 rank with Terrans, so when it will be lower, maybe, I'll try this.

Artificial

Post by Artificial » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 20:48

Spartan wrote:
Mon, 12. Jul 21, 20:05
Interesting question. Maybe it's worth trying. I am at +9 rank with Terrans, so when it will be lower, maybe, I'll try this.
You can do old trick with missile barrage - take M7M or M8 with full cargo of missiles, do barrage and command it to jump away from sector - if it won't be in sector when missiles hit the target you won't loose your reputation.

Spartan
x4

Post by Spartan » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 23:11

Artificial wrote:
Mon, 12. Jul 21, 20:48
You can do old trick with missile barrage - take M7M or M8 with full cargo of missiles, do barrage and command it to jump away from sector - if it won't be in sector when missiles hit the target you won't loose your reputation.
It seems not working nowaday. If I am personally use missile barrage - missiles selfdestruct (or lose guidance) after jump. If I command M7M OOS - missiles hit the target almost instant (25+ km away from Shipyard) and I am losing reputation.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 13. Jul 21, 02:45

Spartan wrote:
Mon, 12. Jul 21, 20:05

High ranks are the best opportunities to conduct such sabotage. You lose less the higher you are.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Tue, 13. Jul 21, 06:17

Deianeira wrote:
Spartan wrote:
Deianeira wrote:
What gun/missile blueprints can we get besides boarding pods from the guild? I've never seen an FBC blueprint offered whatsoever.

Artificial

Post by Artificial » Tue, 13. Jul 21, 07:18

Spartan wrote:
Mon, 12. Jul 21, 23:11
It seems not working nowaday. If I am personally use missile barrage - missiles selfdestruct (or lose guidance) after jump. If I command M7M OOS - missiles hit the target almost instant (25+ km away from Shipyard) and I am losing reputation.
It works - and I just checked it. You must stay in sector using another ship while missiles flying, because in remote missiles hits target instantly. So, enter the sector (on M6, for example). wait for M7M/M8, do barrage, command M7M/M8 to jump away... profit!

Deianeira
x3tc

Post by Deianeira » Tue, 13. Jul 21, 09:40

Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Tue, 13. Jul 21, 06:17
What gun/missile blueprints can we get besides boarding pods from the guild? I've never seen an FBC blueprint offered whatsoever.
None, just all the available station blueprints and almost all ship blueprints. Boarding pod is the only blueprint you can exclusively get from the Exploration guild, as there's no factory for them.

Also, you can't get the FBC factory blueprint from the EG, if you started playing before version 1.2: I have all the other stations, got the achievement and never gotten the new FBC blueprint, but got the new and old model Orbital laser factory. I even got the Teladi mines twice, once from the shipyard and once from the EG :gruebel:

Spartan
x4

Post by Spartan » Tue, 13. Jul 21, 16:18

Artificial wrote:
Tue, 13. Jul 21, 07:18
It works - and I just checked it. You must stay in sector using another ship while missiles flying, because in remote missiles hits target instantly. So, enter the sector (on M6, for example). wait for M7M/M8, do barrage, command M7M/M8 to jump away... profit!
That way it works! But when and where it will respawn?

Deianeira
x3tc

Post by Deianeira » Tue, 13. Jul 21, 21:48

Spartan wrote:
Tue, 13. Jul 21, 16:18

That way it works! But when and where it will respawn?
In about 72 hours at the same spot. Keep us posted :D

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”