Station managed traders turn back half way

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Deeparth
x4

Station managed traders turn back half way

Post by Deeparth » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 05:48

Some of the ships managed by stations decide to deliver goods but turn back half way and return home adding more inventory to their cargo. They immediately try to go the same place they wanted to deliver before turning back again in a loop adding more and more inventory to their cargos but never delivering making my other stations buy from other races.

Edit: Here's a video of this happening with the trader based out of my crystal fab. It tries to go to the solar power plant but turns back half way. The SPP has money and isn't full of crystals. Each time the trader went back it would transfer the station's inventory into its cargo. Even the Quantum tube fab in the same sector would do that. I set the station to supply my HQ. The trader would jump to the void alpha and jump back instead of going all the way to the void epsilon and delivering the goods.

I can't seem to attach images.

Edit1: This isn't the case for all the traders managed by stations.

Edit2: Fixed the video link.

Midnightknight
x4

Re: Station managed traders turn back half way

Post by Midnightknight » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 16:24

Alright, i thought it was a funny bug affecting only you but having a closer look at my game i have almost the same strange bug. In fact some of the issues plaguing my game in this thread are i think related to your same bug, simply happening in a more sneaky way.

I noticed some of my traders being managed but never leaving the station they were on. Paying more attention i realized they were taking some good in their cargo and putting them back in place a few milliseconds later. I can see the numbers change really fast while in the info menu and the same while watching their inventory. As example i have a Chokaro at my EQ dock loading 5 laser towers and 300 Ecells before putting them directly back in the station. I tried to trick it and remove the laser towers with another trader and it did the same but with PPC now.

Looks like those traders are stuck in some sort of infinite loop for unknown reasons, i don't know if my bug is really related to yours but they look really similar to me except they don't even leave the dock for me.

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 17:01

What you described has happened in my game as well but it usually resolved itself.

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 16:39

This is getting frustrating. :evil:

I can't build stuff because my factories' traders don't deliver goods to the spacelab. The one assigned to the sapcelab doesn't do anything. Only goes out to salvage occasionally. How am I supposed to build an empire with retarded pilots?

I really hope a dev looks at this thread.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 16:47

I used a trade distribution run with an Athena for my Spacelab, as i stated in my post i linked above, Station manager doen't work at all with the PHQ. If you don't want to bother with trade run distribution, then your only way is to set your wares at a high price in PHQ to have merchants deliver it to you.

I really suggest you use the trade distribution.

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 17:15

I'll try that though I wish the station managers at my factories would grow some brain cells and order the traders assigned to them to go all the way to the HQ instead of jumping to the void alpha and jumping back in a loop. Literally all of my factories except the SPPs and mines are doing this. Can distribution replace station managers in this situation as a fire and forget measure?

Station managers need work but the developers have stopped work on FL which is fine since it's a free community project. I hope one of them could at least point me in the right direction.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 21:03

They might replace it, but it will be a bit tedious and not really efficient. But well if that's the only way, yeah.

For my PHQ feeding it works fine and it costs me 0 credits lol. It's not as efficient as would be a CAG but it's a lot better than the station manager. And since PHQ takes quite some time to build anything, my Athena most of the time can fetch the wares before they are needed.

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 23:06

I'll try it. It doesn't solve the problem though and the malfunctioning factories don't get supplied now since their traders are in a loop and not actually buying resources.

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 23:43

I have noticed that assigning two freighters instead of one seemed to improve my situation, it may be a bit pricey but at least I don't have to clear the stations manually from time to time. Since I have done this I haven't seen ships going back to home base half way through.

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Tue, 13. Jul 21, 12:33

My stations stay empty of products because the traders that are in a loop keep picking up the products. I was planning to board a TL, pack up the problematic stations, sell it and try building them again since they won't have the old station manger cache if there is such a thing. I'll try adding a second trader before that. I wish the devs could work on and release one last update to fix station managers because they are seriously bugged. Might have to post on reddit to get dev attention it seems.

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Sun, 18. Jul 21, 17:48

BUMP.
I really need help but none of the devs have responded even on Reddit. Station managers are bugged. PLS HELP.
At the very least someone please point me to a mod that works with FL to replace station managers so I don't have to deal with them at all.

I have replaced my crystal fab and assigned a newly bought pair of ships to it but the problem shows up again. So the problem is not a one off especially since its happening to multiple factories.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Mon, 19. Jul 21, 03:54

I'm not using the manager, but complexes with 'buy/sell for best price' command.

If you have universal traders, you might try setting your factories to disallow trading with other races and then adjust your prices to attract your own traders. In other words, if one factory is selling e-cells for 12 and another buying them for 20, your traders might cart them thinking their making great profit.

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Mon, 19. Jul 21, 13:39

The problematic factories are disallowed from trading with other races. I plan to start making complexes but I don't have enough credits. So I make individual factories which I will then start building complexes out of later. Can't blow 51 million credits on build command mk3 right now.
Maybe its just me but even if you've developed something for free you should ensure it works properly. I hope a mod comes along that replaces this shit. I don't want to go modified but there seems to be no choice.

I wonder if the problem is my save file that started on initial release but I really don't want to grind again.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Mon, 19. Jul 21, 19:04

You could make a complex manually without MK3. It wouldn't be as pretty, but you could always move it later.

I hope the devs release one more patch that fixes some of the serious issues. FL is so close to a great game in my opinion, but it's very deflating when you run into a serious problem after weeks of play. It's also possible that someone else will make an unofficial fix for some of the issues.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”