Build Command Software TL stuck in shipyard.

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

sideer
x3tc

Build Command Software TL stuck in shipyard.

Post by sideer » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 15:04

In general I'm very satisfied with this software but recently I've hit a wall with it:
I was not able to upgrade existing complex by adding more station to it. TL (Ozias then Mammoth) both failed at loading sufficient amount of complex extension kits. Apparently script is trying to do it in one go which is a problem when station count exceeds TL capability to carry all those extension kits at once.

Solution to this would be to break it into stages by connecting as many station as possible using extension kits stored in TL and then if complex is still not done go back to shipyard for another purchase of extension kits.
In the past I have used to connect groups of stations into small complexes, then merging them together into one (a really big one). It would be nice for this software to have ability such as this.

Wou
x4

Re: Build Command Software TL stuck in shipyard.

Post by Wou » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 16:15

Had the same issue, ended up just placing the complex hub and extension kits manually. Luckily you don't have to do that one by one, but can use all you have onboard in one go

probably worth noting that it took me a few tries to place the hub in a way that all (90 in my case) stations are in range and able to connect. So don't forget to save

sideer
x3tc

Re: Build Command Software TL stuck in shipyard.

Post by sideer » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 09:58

Manual hub placement when TL is stuck with build command in shipyard is a bit different. After few failed attempts I have found a way to do it manually.

Apparently You cannot connect part of the stations to old hub 1st. If You do other stations that are left (out of range or due to insufficient number of extension kits) are probably considered part of old hub and therefore no longer available as targets for 2nd complex.

The route that works is:
1. Connect distant stations into sub hub(s) 1st (usually mines and solar power plants). Make sure to place this new sub(s) hub close enough to old one to be in range of extension kit. At this point make sure final station/hub count is equal or lower to number of extension kits stored in TL.
2. Connect ALL stations and sub hubs into main (old hub) in one go.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”