Station manager for EqDocks ...

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Midnightknight
x4

Station manager for EqDocks ...

Post by Midnightknight » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 00:12

... and PHQ are completely incompetent and overpaid.

If Station manager works well for stations and mostly fine for complex, i have a lot of issues to make it work correctly with my Equipment dock and with my PHQ. I really don't understand what the f they are doing but it's only a credit sink for in the end be forced to manual trade the stuff.

For the PHQ it's not "that" bad, sometime it completely forget to buy some stuff even if i didn't set many, only what is required to build ships, 25 and 200 mj shields, PRG and HEPT for fighter building and Nividium only to stock and sell. Yet today again i was out of Clothes rims and had a factory 2 jumps away full of them but my 2 chokaros were sitting in the PHQ doing nothing. After sometime i saw one move to buy ... Ecells! I understand they don't fill the cargo until you ask to build something, it's not really efficient, but ok ... They buy only when you require stuff i understand, but here i had to take a trader by myself, set it in the manager to not manage it (or it will most likely take over), and do the trade manually. It's to avoid doing this i set the station manager and it costs a ton of credits. But once again this one isn't working "that bad".

No the issue is my EQ dock, this one, this one ... I have 3 chokaros on it, one salvage that works mostly fine even if it idle sometime in space without many reasons, a bit like so many ships in the universe, but he does the stuff in the end. The 2 other set to trade are all a different story. First i have to reset the trader really often cause they are simply stuck. They sit in random stations and wait there forever, so i remove station manager and set it again, and it recalls AALLLLL the ships with the EQ as homebase, even those with no navigation software or those i asked he do not manage. Now i have to reset all my miners but ... That's fine. I reset mine an hour ago and now what, i have one Chokaro on one of my factory that do not sell anything the EQ wants, the other one is buying Phonon Pulse Canons at NMMC headquarter in PTNI HQ B. Yes first this station do not even list PPC as ware, secondly PTNI HQ B is reallllly far away from where i am now, in consecrated fire, why the hell did it went there in the first place? It's 15 jumps away and i have set to trade at 8 max.

I don't understand at all what is going wrong, but it might be related to moving the EQ dock even if it won't explain much why it tries to buy PPC in an HQ, but i also noticed many of my automated miners kept a "None" station as drop point after moving the EQ dock and i can't remove it. Anyway i was never able to make this station manager work correctly with either my EQ or the PHQ and had always need to babysit them, for their salary it's really harsh.

Midnightknight
x4

Re: Station manager for EqDocks ...

Post by Midnightknight » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 20:58

So, i deployed a new EQ dock next to the first i copied pasted all the values for wares, set home base to the new one for all the ships and started the Station manager. Now it works more or less as it should (At least like for the PHQ).
The issue is if moving it or simply letting it live for sometime end up breaking the script it quite tedious to make a new one and recycle the older but ... Ok. The question is, if it's the same Illness for the PHQ how am i supposed to deal with it? There is only one PHQ. Something is going wrong with the Station manager and/or with the pack/unpack station script.

I wished there was a way to completely reset the script attached to a station or purge it's cache to be able to make it work again.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”