How many plots in FL?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

mr.WHO
x4

How many plots in FL?

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 4. Jul 21, 22:58

Is there only main plot and Terran plot, or is there more?

Ezendeir
xr

Re: How many plots in FL?

Post by Ezendeir » Sun, 4. Jul 21, 23:13

As of now, yes, and since the development team stopped any future plans for it, we probably won't see more. Though I personally think that the community will do a fine job at working on new missions/plots.

However, if you completed the main and terran plot, you can also do these two things:
Spoiler
Show
Placing TOAs in the universe will let you unlock two sectors: Sanctuary of Darkness and the Unknown Enemy Sector.
The first sector spawns usually south of Depths of Silence beta or Duke's Citadel beta, and contains lots of Xenon Ships. You can also find the only Aran in the game there. (Unless you get the blueprints for it)

The second sector spawns south of Light Water beta or north of Maelstrom beta. It is a Kha'ak one and you'll find at first only a station, fighters and corvettes. Overtime the game will try to spawn Destroyers and Carriers.
Also, both the Kha'ak and Xenon from these sectors (Not sure about the Xenon) seem to migrate from their homes. Especially the Kha'ak. If they spawn near Light Water you're usually alright since there's the Boron Military patrolling these two sectors and often times you'll see RRFs jumping near the TOAs. However if they spawn in the other location they will usually conquer both Maelstrom and Maelstrom beta, and will decide to either go for the Teladi or venture deep into Pirate space.

Your call on how you want to deal with those insects and robots. Good luck :)
Each battle a chance to grow.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Mon, 5. Jul 21, 01:22

Speaking of the certain ship ...
Spoiler
Show
My Aran have spawned with 21% hull and no shield, in AP it wasn't really an issue i could bring some repair laser and heal it before trying to board, but in FL i only have my space suit and the drones wont repair neutral ships anyway.
So how the hell am i supposed to board it as i can't claim the ship. I tried sending a few really good marines and it was blown in a few seconds.
I can spent days repairing it with the space suit, but seriously ...

Deianeira
x3tc

Post by Deianeira » Mon, 5. Jul 21, 05:36

My Aran had only 12% hull, so I just trained 100 engineering on all marines. You always lose at least 1% hull and need to stay above 5% hull until hacking the core.

The formula for hull damage each deck is 0.15*(100-Average Engineering Skill)% :arrow: in your case with 15% hull to spare you need 80 engineering skill on all your marines.

sideer
x3tc

Post by sideer » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 14:25

You can use S.E.T.A. in space suit. Point repair laser, fire (I have used something heavier to hold mouse button instead of my own finger) and engage seta mode. Just remember space suit will run out of oxygen after Aran hull % rises by value of ~13. In this case re-enter ship to replenish supply.
If it spawns in hostile sector use small trick: draw hostile ships away from it in fast TM, once around 200km away leave ship with fast M5 (kestrel for example), let main ship go further away by providing proper coordinates (move to coordinates command). Once hull is ~50% just summon TP with 20 marines on board (just pick marines with combat stat around 40 and train their skills to around 4 stars) and order it to board Aran (save before doing it). It will turn hostile until captured so You won't be able to repair it again if it fails.

Once captured dock, transfer jumpdrive and some ECs and jump to nearest safe sector.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”