Building complex on a starting station.

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Deeparth
x4

Building complex on a starting station.

Post by Deeparth » Sat, 3. Jul 21, 23:08

I have an existing factory that I want to extend into a complex. The complex planner UI lets me select the existing station and add more but I can't seem to deploy it. The deployment menu only displays options to save or export. Do I require a TL with build command mk3? Can the builder service ships not do it?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Building complex on a starting station.

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 3. Jul 21, 23:11

Yes you can only extend a complex automatically with your own TL

The construction services will only build completely new complexes

sideer
x3tc

Post by sideer » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 14:32

There is also a limitation to number of factories for complex building software. If number of required complex extension kits take more space than TL can handle command will get stuck: TL will stay in shipyard displaying message saying it has insufficient space for extension kits- I have this situation right now with mammoth staying in shipyard, loaded with 47 extension kits. Fortunately I have made a save point before initiating command. I guess I will have to complete Aran to handle this:)

Edit: I've forgotten Aran cannot handle ST sized wares, but there is a solution to TL being stuck in shipyard:
viewtopic.php?f=199&t=440590
Last edited by sideer on Thu, 8. Jul 21, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 17:13

It's far less hassle to order a large complex to be built by Construction Services (as they don't run into a bug with too many complex extension kits needed) and then place outstanding stations yourself within few kilometers away from the complex hub. Then connect the hub to the expansion station manually.
It is a more expensive option, but it's worth considering if you value real life time and your mental health more than electronic X-Universe credits.

Another alternative is to build several complexes very close to each other using your own TL with Builder Software MK3 and pay close attention to what is the TL doing. When all factories are placed, stop the automated routine and just buy the hub and connectors yourself, place the hub where you want it and then connect everything to it.
Imo it works quite well to use the automated part of the process to place mines, as without it you would have to haul them with a tractor beam and you will soon question your life choices. If the total number of factories in your complex is going to surpass your TL's max capacity for connectors, just place mines as one complex and all the other factories as the second one, kilometer or two above the mines. Automated software starts building factories in a cube, where the point on the map you have chosen will be the bottom left corner (looking from above) of the box.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”