Warning for challenge starts - Spacelab HQ is NOT invincible in 1.2

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Betelgeuse97
x4

Warning for challenge starts - Spacelab HQ is NOT invincible in 1.2

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Thu, 24. Jun 21, 08:51

Warning - your Spacelab HQ is NOT invincible if you claim it while it is in hostile space! NPCs CAN STILL AND WILL destroy it as if it were a regular station if you are enemies with the sector's owner. I found this while playing Lost Terracorp Pilot start, and I cannot find an option (there is none; I tried searching both command console and the options given to you while docked) for the station that grants invincibility.

Steps to reproduce (this is easier to reproduce in a gamestart where you are already enemies with a faction AND you find your HQ in their space):
1. Find your Spacelab HQ. Ideally this should be in a sector whom you are enemies with its owner (e.g. you find your HQ in core enemy space and you are -2 or worse with them in that case).
2. Claim your HQ.
3. Get out of the sector.
4. Wait a little bit. That faction will then send a military patrol to destroy your station. Watch them destroy the station (I was OOS) and your HQ will be destroyed as if it was a regular station.

Save: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
EDIT: X04 is my save prior to claiming the HQ. The other is the save minutes after claiming.

This is very frustrating for challenge starts where we can't control (already parts of the challenge are RNG-based such as the Terracorp pilot start where even an M6 that spawns close kills you or the lack of docking with the Duke start) where our PHQ is located AND if it happens to spawn in hostile space. It's already difficult to fix relations with factions who already start as enemies due to the dynamic reputation system. We can't pack it up early game without a TL unless we somehow get 30m+ credits or a bunch of marines to get a TL and agents are commonly used to help improve relations early in the game. We also cannot start discoveries because we don't have LFL without claiming the HQ, but if we claim the HQ early game then it's as good as destroyed! This forces the victim to do one of these two things: either claim the HQ mid-game (takes a couple in-game days with a TL and build MK2) or restart a new game.

-GoldenEye-
x3ap

Re: Warning for challenge starts - Spacelab HQ is NOT invincible in 1.2

Post by -GoldenEye- » Wed, 30. Jun 21, 18:59

Did you start with 1.2 or a prior version?
MfG GE

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Thu, 1. Jul 21, 22:06

-GoldenEye- wrote:
Wed, 30. Jun 21, 18:59
Did you start with 1.2 or a prior version?
This is in 1.2. I started a brand new game in 1.2 as the Terracorp Pilot.

-GoldenEye-
x3ap

Post by -GoldenEye- » Fri, 2. Jul 21, 12:02

Ohh dear, so I might have the same probleme too. But my HQ is in Nopileus Memorial because I wanted to use the invincibility :(
MfG GE

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Fri, 2. Jul 21, 23:00

-GoldenEye- wrote:
Fri, 2. Jul 21, 12:02
Ohh dear, so I might have the same probleme too. But my HQ is in Nopileus Memorial because I wanted to use the invincibility :(
Nope, yours won't be invincible. Try getting an unlucky patrol to come in and it WILL be destroyed. Fortunately Nopileos Memorial doesn't get much traffic unlike mine which is in Empire's Edge and I'm enemies with the Paranid!

-GoldenEye-
x3ap

Post by -GoldenEye- » Sat, 3. Jul 21, 21:14

Perhaps the invincibility is just for the casual starts where the PHQ is not randomly placed :?:
MfG GE

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 3. Jul 21, 23:07

It's invincible until you claim the station

In the starts where start with it then its invincible until you move it the first time

It's not supposed to be permanently invincible

Deianeira
x3tc

Post by Deianeira » Sat, 3. Jul 21, 23:15

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 3. Jul 21, 23:07

In the starts where start with it then its invincible until you move it the first time

From the patch notes: "Added Way to make PHQ invincible until packet up"
So, the way to make PHQ invincible is to not claim it? Wouldn't be a 'challenging' start otherwise :lol:

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 23:38

Deianeira wrote:
Sat, 3. Jul 21, 23:15
Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 3. Jul 21, 23:07

From the patch notes: "Added Way to make PHQ invincible until packet up"
So, the way to make PHQ invincible is to not claim it? Wouldn't be a 'challenging' start otherwise :lol:
Sorry for late reply. Yup I learned the hard way and had to rush for a TL.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”