Is there a list of objects required to unlock the collector achievements?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Nashaulk
x3tc

Is there a list of objects required to unlock the collector achievements?

Post by Nashaulk » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 16:46

Greetings,

there are four collector achievements in the game pertaining to obtaining a number of blueprints. I already unlocked the Special Blueprint Collector achievement, leaving three more open.

They are:

Common Blueprint Collector

Obtain the blueprints of all common ships.

Rare Blueprint Collector
Obtain the blueprints of all rare ships.

Industrial Collector
Obtain all station blueprints.

Reading this as is the text would imply that is it necessary to collect the blueprints from every ship and every station in the game. Given the fact that there are over 400 different stations all requiring several diplomatic actions to access in addition to many hundreds of ships these tasks seem very much unfeasible.
Cargo bay now contains... Terran Valhalla.

Midnightknight
x4

Re: Is there a list of objects required to unlock the collector achievements?

Post by Midnightknight » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 17:02

And once you are enemy with someone and then will kill it's ships on a regular basis, you can't send agents to them anymore cause the cost in influence required is too high to steal anything.

Had the joke not long ago, as i was confident i could get the few equipment, station that i needed from enemies faction, like the devs claimed you would be able to get, but pirates are spawning and spamming in a few sectors i have stuff inside and you just can't let them fly around, so i kill some of their ships here and there, locking me with the "aggressive" opinion making everything 100% more expensive cause i'm defending myself. And now that i'm negative with the argons too, i have their titans targeting my defense fleet in scale Plate Green (Here to deal with the xenons) and once again, the huge negative rep for simply defending myself in a neutral teladi space and preventing me to send any agent anymore.

I'm to the point i'm crossings my fingers to have their ships "sit at gate" like they do from time to time and are stuck there forever, at least it would allow me to get rid of this rep and try to send agent again.

Deianeira
x3tc

Post by Deianeira » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 17:42

Nashaulk wrote:
Tue, 22. Jun 21, 16:46
Reading this as is the text would imply that is it necessary to collect the blueprints from every ship and every station in the game. Given the fact that there are over 400 different stations all requiring several diplomatic actions to access in addition to many hundreds of ships these tasks seem very much unfeasible.
It's not unfeasible, just takes weeks of dedicated play, hundreds of agents and an eternity at sinza x10 to reverse engineer all those big ships... the station collector achievement is not for the faint of heart indeed. :wink:

As for lists, check roguey's site: https://roguey.co.uk/x3fl/ships/ and https://roguey.co.uk/x3fl/stations/.

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Sun, 27. Jun 21, 18:44

These certainly seem to be the longest achievements, particularly the stations.

With version 1.2 the ships are much easier as the reverse engineering times were dramatically reduced (e.g. an Akuma took ~8 hours, not days), so whilst it will still take a while as long as you have a steady supply of ships it is more likely you'll be stalled out by some other factor, probably one involving the dynamic reputation and agents.

As for what ships are in what category it does not seem to be information shown to the player.

Obviously special ships are those obtained from diplomacy actions (or captured out in the field), common ships are probably anything you can buy, which is the vast majority, and rare ships are probably everything else - the ones you can't buy, the ones you have to collect using the LFL and such.

Realistically the three ship-related achievements together can be interpreted as "collect the blueprints for every ship".

As for stations it is much quicker and easier to buy them vs. steal them, and of course if you want to steal anything you have to avoid shooting at that faction and that can complicate other activities (e.g. if it's the Yaki, a lot of agent generating combat missions involve them so you can't realistically do those missions).

Deianeira
x3tc

Post by Deianeira » Mon, 28. Jun 21, 00:29

Deathifier wrote:
Sun, 27. Jun 21, 18:44

Obviously special ships are those obtained from diplomacy actions (or captured out in the field), common ships are probably anything you can buy, which is the vast majority, and rare ships are probably everything else - the ones you can't buy, the ones you have to collect using the LFL and such.
Special ships are the ones you find in HSAP sectors and the derelict ships spawning in every game, that is the Aldrin ships, the #deca fighters and the Khaak ships, and the terran plot reward ship. They are pretty easy to aquire. :roll:

Rare ships are all the ones with Prototype, Enhanced and Advanced in their name, plus Hyperion Vanguard, Aran, Valhalla, etc... unbuyable stuff. You might as well just go for all ships instead.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Mon, 28. Jun 21, 02:58

Deianeira wrote:
Mon, 28. Jun 21, 00:29
Deathifier wrote:
Sun, 27. Jun 21, 18:44

Special ships are the ones you find in HSAP sectors and the derelict ships spawning in every game, that is the Aldrin ships, the #deca fighters and the Khaak ships, and the terran plot reward ship. They are pretty easy to aquire. :roll:

Rare ships are all the ones with Prototype, Enhanced and Advanced in their name, plus Hyperion Vanguard, Aran, Valhalla, etc... unbuyable stuff. You might as well just go for all ships instead.
Got the M3 #deca killed by a xenon "spawning" in front of it when flying to safety. Didn't noticed it at first only a few hours later with no save to reload that far ... Yeah it's easy if you are lusky i guess. I don't think i'll ever be able to make this achievement except from starting anew.

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Mon, 28. Jun 21, 15:08

Deianeira wrote:

Thanks for the info on the ship breakdowns, and yeah getting all ships seems like the easiest approach.
Midnightknight wrote:
Mon, 28. Jun 21, 02:58
Got the M3 #deca killed by a xenon "spawning" in front of it when flying to safety. Didn't noticed it at first only a few hours later with no save to reload that far ... Yeah it's easy if you are lusky i guess. I don't think i'll ever be able to make this achievement except from starting anew.
Ouch, I lost a Khaak interceptor to a Q sneaking up to where I'd parked a Boa with it on board whilst I was out of sector, however I had found two so it wasn't a problem.
I have no idea if it will spawn you a new #deca :(

Deianeira
x3tc

Post by Deianeira » Mon, 28. Jun 21, 15:19

There should be three Khaak Scouts, two Interceptors and one Fighter per game, but just one of each #deca fighter. You may not even need all to trigger the achievement.

About flying a ship to safety :arrow: try docking it at a TM and jumping to safety, not letting it limp hundreds of kilometers by itself without any engine tuning. Of course it will be destroyed by a deliberate (no luck involved) Xenon LX spawn. :roll:

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Mon, 28. Jun 21, 16:21

Deianeira wrote:
Mon, 28. Jun 21, 15:19
There should be three Khaak Scouts, two Interceptors and one Fighter per game, but just one of each #deca fighter. You may not even need all to trigger the achievement.

About flying a ship to safety :arrow: try docking it at a TM and jumping to safety, not letting it limp hundreds of kilometers by itself without any engine tuning. Of course it will be destroyed by a deliberate (no luck involved) Xenon LX spawn. :roll:
When you are starting a new game and are not aware about the new Xenon/Pirate spam mechanic you are looking for those ships to have something to fly and help you. It's a bit easy afterward to tell what should have been done. Yes now i would play differently, know that things have been made clear ... But it's too late.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 28. Jun 21, 16:36

what pirate spam mechanic??

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Mon, 28. Jun 21, 17:06

Don't know but in my current game each sector with asteroids in it spawn pirates or yakis. Had the issue before with Xenons too, i already made a post about it.

For example in Cho's defeat epsilon, i have enemis spawning in the south-west corner of the map from time to time. I have 8 laser towers in front of each gate, so they can't jump in and i was attacked quite often. So i sat in the sector for sometime and saw a bunch of M3/M4 pirates fighter "Spawn" in front of me. And i really mean spawning, there was none in range from my triplex a second before and suddenly 5 so close my turrets were already attacking them.

Now i play in the paranids sectors around consacratedfire/unseen domain and i have the same issue with pirates and Yakis. I have laser towers on every gates, satellites to warn me from enemies almost everywhere and i do notice they sometime spawn directly on my miners, so i reload to avoid this. Had also the issue in profit center alpha, but they were spawning far enough from my ships to have my patrol carrack kill them before they can do anything wrong to my ships. The spawn point look really random from sector to sector, sometime it's really far away from the center, but sometime that's really close to a factory or the center.

Also fun fact i was warned by an attack in a sector and time i looked what was happening my Mistral was almost already dead, so i reloaded only a few minutes back in time and saw this pack idling in the sector, right between the two gates and the bunch of laser towers. Once my trader passed one of the gates they come to life and attacked it. Don't know if they reacted to the presence of the trader or it simply get inside radar range but they were completely in hibernation before, waiting at the exact place they spawned. Reloaded and jumped in to clean them before the arrival of my trader and haven't seen them again. But this happens quite a lot in those few sectors (5 or 6) might be one spawn every 2 hours i think and most of the time all at the time. I mean, i can spend a day with no issue and suddenly they spawn (spam) all those sectors in a matter of a few minutes.

Not directly related but i also noticed a behavior (Mostly yakis this time) when you board or claim a new ship i certain sectors you have a quad spawning at a gate and wanting to destroy the new claimed ship. You can com them to ask them to surrender, what usually makes them attack you, but that don't work this time. They will suicide run on your newly claimed ship. I claimed a Karuido like this and had to use my own ship as a meat shield to protect it from the angry squad that was focused locked on killing my poor boarded M7D from the incoming fire and missiles. And i was using a Carrack to board so i was really hitting them hard with my PBC, but they didn't care at all, their only goal was killing the newly boarded ship.

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Sun, 8. Aug 21, 15:54

Deianeira wrote:

To refine this a bit, it looks like "Special Ships" are just the Aldrin ships.
I had to restart my game because I was missing the Spitfyre (a v1 or v1.1 game can be missing a special item / ship), I got it in a new game and have it, the Springblossom, and just reverse engineered the 3 #deca fighters and the achievement unexpectedly appeared even though all the Kha'ak fighters (I have the Corvette though) are still docked waiting in the queue.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”