Move the PHQ or keep it being invincible?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

-GoldenEye-
x3ap

Move the PHQ or keep it being invincible?

Post by -GoldenEye- » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 20:11

What shall I do:
Move it for fun and stuff or let it stay in place for it being indestructible :?:
I can actually "choose" its location in the harder sandbox starts

:gruebel:
Last edited by -GoldenEye- on Mon, 21. Jun 21, 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
MfG GE

Da-V-Man
x4

Re: Move the PHQ or keep it being invincable?

Post by Da-V-Man » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 20:29

I moved mine out of the void mainly because it was too far from a Gate. I think if you choose an advanced start and it's sitting in a sector you're content with, then there's no pressing need to move it. Biggest considerations I think is
  1. If it's in or too close to a sector owned by someone you can't rely on always being friendly with, ie Terran if you're doing a lot of trading with Argons, etc.
  2. If it's in a sector where there's no jump-capable gate nearby (ie the void sectors).
FWIW I moved my HQ to Blue Profit. I haven't seen a significant threat go near my HQ in any sector so far, but maybe as my combat rank goes up it will be more of an issue.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

-GoldenEye-
x3ap

Post by -GoldenEye- » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 20:52

I thought having an indestructible HQ in some Unclaimed Sector would be cool.
But I would give up the flexibility of moving it around. Is there a great benefit by moving it? Are the travel times of agents that long when its not in an adjacent sector?
I also think by the time when there could be a threat because of my Combat Rank I will have enough military to cope with it :gruebel: . So I am unsure if this indestructibility is even a boon or a drawback instead.
MfG GE

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 21:54

-GoldenEye- wrote:
Mon, 21. Jun 21, 20:52
I thought having an indestructible HQ in some Unclaimed Sector would be cool.
But I would give up the flexibility of moving it around. Is there a great benefit by moving it? Are the travel times of agents that long when its not in an adjacent sector?
I also think by the time when there could be a threat because of my Combat Rank I will have enough military to cope with it :gruebel: . So I am unsure if this indestructibility is even a boon or a drawback instead.
When it is not indestructible, it has 40GJ of shielding. For reference, that is equal to four M2+ Split Pteranodons. The only realistic situation of it being destroyed is if you purposefully upset whoever owns the sector, and don't have the means to fight their military fleets. Xenon and pirates are certainly not a threat. You are right, by the time you move it, you'll easily be able to defend it.

The benefit of moving it to a more suitable location definitely outweighs the indestructible attribute. I would suggest moving it to one of the sectors which has an HSAP, since those new sectors have a huge amount of asteroids to feed your empire. I chose Harmony of Perpetuity because it also has a 450% Sun, to make SPPs more efficient.

-GoldenEye-
x3ap

Post by -GoldenEye- » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 22:22

Ramdat wrote:
Mon, 21. Jun 21, 21:54
The benefit of moving it to a more suitable location definitely outweighs the indestructible attribute.
Are you sure?
40GJ shielding is something but hull is even more important.
Are there some scenarios where you actively move around with your HQ? I only think of stuff with agents. Feeding your HQ can be done with the support from the HUB :gruebel:
My favourite random spawn sector would be the Unclaimed next to Unseen Domain BUT my starting scenario is the Terracorp dude in the spacesuit and I have a chance of 1/200< for the HQ to spawn there and a chance of like 1/4 to have the opportunity to save the start... :tuichdoch:

Edit: I have a save with the PHQ in Nopileus' Memorial but don't know if that's too great.
MfG GE

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 22:42

-GoldenEye- wrote:
Mon, 21. Jun 21, 22:22
40GJ shielding is something but hull is even more important.
It also has 15 million health, equal to three Pteranodons, and it can repair itself. It is unlikely that an enemy can get through its shields before you respond though.
-GoldenEye- wrote:
Are there some scenarios where you actively move around with your HQ? I only think of stuff with agents. Feeding your HQ can be done with the support from the HUB :gruebel:
No, I moved it once and never plan to move it again. However, moving it once was a large boon because I have my HQ and megaplex in one sector, with an empty sector full of asteroids adjacent to it. So, it is easy to defend, and my supply lines are much shorter even when considering the Hub.
-GoldenEye- wrote:
My favourite random spawn sector would be the Unclaimed next to Unseen Domain BUT my starting scenario is the Terracorp dude in the spacesuit and I have a chance of 1/200< for the HQ to spawn there and a chance of like 1/4 to have the opportunity to save the start...
Unseen Domain area might be good. One unclaimed sector and potentially two HSAPs. I like my 450% suns in Harmony of Perpetuity though.
-GoldenEye- wrote:
Edit: I have a save with the PHQ in Nopileus' Memorial but don't know if that's too great.
Probably not a good idea because it is a pirate sector which is directly adjacent to Xenon Sector 101 and two other pirate sectors.

-GoldenEye-
x3ap

Re: Move the PHQ or keep it being invincible?

Post by -GoldenEye- » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 23:31

And another chance on top of chances to get the unclaimed beta sector while spawning the HQ in the unclaimed one while being able to save the start.
Now i will pay for a legit vanilla unmodified save game with these circumstances :lol:
MfG GE

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”