v1.2 - Build Complex command resulting in weird behaviour

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Utsuho Reiuji
x4

v1.2 - Build Complex command resulting in weird behaviour

Post by Utsuho Reiuji » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 18:00

I purchased a Mobile Pirate Station (TL) and outfitted it with a jumpdrive, energy cells and all three build command softwares (MK I, II, III). I created a complex that should feed my HQ later down the line. When I order my TL to build this complex, my TL ignores all already build stations in HQ, it won't use the jumpdrive and after buying stations from a shipyard, it stays in that sector flying around at half speed. How do I use this correctly?

Novvak
x3ap

Re: v1.2 - Build Complex command resulting in weird behaviour

Post by Novvak » Sun, 20. Jun 21, 14:24

I don't think you are doing anything wrong, similar thing happened to me as well.

I have been constructing a complex in Ministry of Finance (fairly large sector), near the Northern Gate.
I've got my jump beacon set up next to the "construction site" to speed things up.
Despite all this, my TL was jumping to the Southern Gate, had to fly through the entire sector and was doing it with it's throttle set somewhere in the middle, instead of full steam ahead (after all, time is PROFITSSSS).

Because the automatic construction doesn't use jump beacons, player won't be able to use it in the sectors with hyper access points, but without TOA built. The same applies to Hephestus, but I suspect that when you build the TOA, Hephestus will build the complex very quickly compared to your own ships, as it won't have to jump to nearest gate, traverse through TOA, and fly over to your complex construction site.

Another puzzling behaviour of the Build Complex command is the fact it can't be used to complete "Build Station" missions. The ship will jump to the right shipyard, purchase the right station and plunk it in the location specified by the mission (next to the beacon), but the ownership of the station remains player's, so the mission is not complete.

It's unfortunate as the mechanic for automatic complex construction is very cool, but its shortcomings are quite serious (compared to using Hephestus), especially taking into account the fact that the software costs 50 million per ship.

fritzonline
x3ap

Post by fritzonline » Sun, 20. Jun 21, 16:33

Another puzzling behaviour of the Build Complex command is the fact it can't be used to complete "Build Station" missions.
All missions need to be done by the player ship. It's exactly the same situation as not being able to remotely complete a wares or transport mission.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sun, 20. Jun 21, 17:18

Utsuho Reiuji wrote:
Sat, 19. Jun 21, 18:00
When I order my TL to build this complex, my TL ignores all already build stations in HQ, it won't use the jumpdrive and after buying stations from a shipyard, it stays in that sector flying around at half speed. How do I use this correctly?
They made significant changes to complex building in 1.2. The TL should show you what's going on under 'current order'. Maybe there's a problem with notoriety, finances, or valid path.

As far as "my TL ignores all already build stations in HQ", if you mean stations that have been built by your HQ and are stored there, the builder in v1.2 should make use of stations stored at HQ if it has enough e-cells to get there and the sector is a legal destination (not blacklisted). It used stored stations in my game to expand my complex.

The builder in my game uses my jump beacon. I made my complex in Akeelas Beacon a long ways SE of the southern gate - in order to insulate it from Xenon raiders. I set a jump beacon near the hub and the builder TL uses it no problem in both v1.1 and 1.2.

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Sun, 20. Jun 21, 18:04

fritzonline wrote:
Sun, 20. Jun 21, 16:33
Another puzzling behaviour of the Build Complex command is the fact it can't be used to complete "Build Station" missions.
All missions need to be done by the player ship. It's exactly the same situation as not being able to remotely complete a wares or transport mission.
When I'm doing "Build Station" mission, I'm not the one controlling the TL. I am in the sector where the station is meant to be built, but I'm commanding my TL to first jump and buy the station and then jump to me, and finally I am giving the special command "Drop Station". This way of deploying the station triggers the change of ownership and the mission is successful.
So it is possible with not just player ship. In case of the complex builder, I was also in sector watching the progress of the TL, but the ownership of the station is never transferred to the purchaser's race.
Hwitvlf wrote:
Sun, 20. Jun 21, 17:18
Utsuho Reiuji wrote:
Sat, 19. Jun 21, 18:00
When I order my TL to build this complex, my TL ignores all already build stations in HQ, it won't use the jumpdrive and after buying stations from a shipyard, it stays in that sector flying around at half speed. How do I use this correctly?
The builder in my game uses my jump beacon. I made my complex in Akeelas Beacon a long ways SE of the southern gate - in order to insulate it from Xenon raiders. I set a jump beacon near the hub and the builder TL uses it no problem in both v1.1 and 1.2.
Hmm maybe it is the case of distance then? I will give it a go next time in another sector and see if it makes any difference.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sun, 20. Jun 21, 22:21

Novvak wrote:
Sun, 20. Jun 21, 18:04
Hmm maybe it is the case of distance then? I will give it a go next time in another sector and see if it makes any difference.
I have no idea what the variable is. Just to test, I told my TL to build a complex in Ministry of Finance near the N. Gate and dropped a jump beacon nearby. The TL used the beacon correctly (v1.2). Maybe pick up and redeploy your beacon - worth a try.

The pic below was taken right after it jumped to the beacon and dropped the first station of the complex.

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Sun, 20. Jun 21, 23:56

Yes, you may be right. I have tested the beacon in another system and the TL was using it correctly. Maybe the problem I had in Ministry of Finance was caused by the proximity of another sector or the HQ. The good news is that it is being used, but sadly the sector must be connected to the rest of the network so I won't build my secret batcave in HSAP sector :D

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”