Whole Paranid fleet idling in my sector ...

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Midnightknight
x4

Whole Paranid fleet idling in my sector ...

Post by Midnightknight » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 14:58

... Instead of killing Xenons, pirates and other threats.

Hello,

As it was partly discussed on this thread, since 1.2 there was a really strange behavior of ships just sitting around and doing nothing at all than wait to be engaged in combat IS.
That means they can remain their forever, what is useful for the success "Repair a NPC ships" but cripples the game as they are even less attacking the real threats of the universe and are not even at war anymore.

Now i have a big part of the paranid fleet sleeping in my sector i guess they came to resupply but decided to get a few days off simply staying at the gate. The issue is they do not patrol sectors they should and they are pretty annoying when i get IS. First their turrets are working and shots at every trader or other enemy ship. If it's a nice defense IS it also cripples a lot the economy as they also shot for unknown reasons to random teladi ships. Secondly they are completely useless OOs as i saw a Q jump in by this very gate and was killed by towers and my M7 without any of those many ships make a move. Lastly having so many big ships around rise a lot the collisions issues in Profit Center Alpha, i already try to avoid this sector a lot to not loose random ships that don't know how to dock, but now ...

Another screen shot from the map. Note also if i try to steal them, it will most likely fail, even stealing a single PBE and as they turn red, they come to life to kill the major threat of the galaxy, the player stealing ecells and fight weapons!

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: Whole Paranid fleet idling in my sector ...

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 20:55

In AP, if you fired a missile barrage then jumped the ship fired the barrage out, the attack wouldn't cause a hit to your reputation. If that's still the case in FL, you could destroy the entire fleet without losing any rep, assuming you had enough missiles.

Deianeira
x3tc

Post by Deianeira » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 23:53

Or use diplomacy and let the Argon or Boron take care of this fleet, though you have to do a few missions or kill some enemies first to get a diplomacy bonus (base cost is 1400 influence).

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sun, 20. Jun 21, 00:44

I've seen similar behavior where Xenon fleets park in a sector, but they usually attack enemies. It would be interesting to know if these Paranid are following the intended scripting or if it's a bug. These days, early users are pretty much beta-testing and it's always hard when you don't know if something is a feature or a bug.

Einheit 101
x3tc

Post by Einheit 101 » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 04:03

In my HUB sector there is a fleet of Borons parking at their Boron gate, a fleet of argons parking at their argon gate and a fleet of paranids parking at their paranid gate, to me it looks like they are gatekeepers defending from possible intruders and there is some action going on

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 15:14

From what I remember from ages back, if the jobs file was altered to redo some things and you used it mid game some ships just forgot what they were doing...If you started a new game there was no issue with static ships.
It's one of those funny things with modding X3's job file I discovered way back in the day.

Anyway, I think the crews have got a bad case of amnesia because the 1.2 patch might have an updated jobs.txt file that caused it.

I have some idlers too around the place, good for easy cargo hacking too ;)

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Artificial

Post by Artificial » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 17:29

Oh, here already was similar issue. Just met the same bug aswell, but in "escalated" version. Started thread here: viewtopic.php?f=199&t=440238

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”