Recalling drones to my M7D

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Da-V-Man
x4

Recalling drones to my M7D

Post by Da-V-Man » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 06:54

I bought a Guppy to use as a repair ship. I moved it to a sector with some stolen gently used TLs and set it to repair damaged ships, but I want to recall the drones back into the carrier to jump it to another sector, but it seems like 2/4 of the drones are ignoring the request and are continuing to repair the ship they're working on until it's done. I can't use the command console on them to order them back.

Any ideas on how to cancel their order?
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

andreihaiducul
x3ap

Re: Recalling drones to my M7D

Post by andreihaiducul » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 11:06

It doesn't seem to be possible to control drones at all after docking them in an M7D. You can't even set their homebase or rename them anymore and they're completely locked to that M7D. Even for other ships, once assigned to the M7D from Carrier Management, it seems impossible to regain control.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 12:53

in 1.2 you can unassign them from carrier manager what will allow you to regain control over them.

But you can't recall them all at once sadly from the carrier, you really need to remove them from the manager and then give them the order manually. But since you have only 2 it shouldn't be a big issue.

andreihaiducul
x3ap

Post by andreihaiducul » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 13:05

Midnightknight wrote:
Sat, 19. Jun 21, 12:53
in 1.2 you can unassign them from carrier manager what will allow you to regain control over them.
Doesn't work for me. Any order given to that ship gets immediately overwritten with its previous carrier order (in my case it's "Carrrier Resupply: Null"). It seems to work fine only if the ship is not currently running a carrier-assigned command.

Utsuho Reiuji
x4

Post by Utsuho Reiuji » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 13:14

andreihaiducul wrote:
Sat, 19. Jun 21, 13:05
Doesn't work for me. Any order given to that ship gets immediately overwritten with its previous carrier order (in my case it's "Carrrier Resupply: Null"). It seems to work fine only if the ship is not currently running a carrier-assigned command.
In one of the previous comments it was said that you need version 1.2. Are you still on 1.1?

andreihaiducul
x3ap

Post by andreihaiducul » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 13:24

Utsuho Reiuji wrote:
Sat, 19. Jun 21, 13:14
In one of the previous comments it was said that you need version 1.2. Are you still on 1.1?
No, I'm playing with 1.2. I think the patch only fixed an issue in the UI.

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 17:26

Midnightknight wrote:

But you can't recall them all at once sadly from the carrier, you really need to remove them from the manager and then give them the order manually.
Yeah it was a bit awkward but I was able to figure out last earlier that I was able to do this. I then had problems with a drone being unassigned, but docked, so I had to un-dock and re-dock it to get it assigned to the carrier.
Midnightknight wrote:
But since you have only 2 it shouldn't be a big issue.
You see, that's the thing; I now have 12. It seems to make repairs go faster so this should be less of an issue in the future, but we'll see.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 21:48

For those players (above) who are having trouble with drones, do you have Drone Command Software (as opposed/in addition to Carrier Command Software) installed on your drone carriers?
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 22:25

I installed both Drone Command and Carrier Command software on mine.

andreihaiducul
x3ap

Post by andreihaiducul » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 23:56

After looking into the scripts a bit, it looks like my problem (can't unassign ship) is specific to the supplier/buyer role and is unrelated to the OP. Sorry for polluting this thread.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”