How to Pack HQ - answered

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

carv85x
x3tc

How to Pack HQ - answered

Post by carv85x » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 05:37

I am trying to pack my HQ to get it out of the Void sectors using an Orca with tractor beam and Build Software I and II, but I cannot figure out how to do it. The option to "pack station" is grayed out - does anyone know how to pack it and move it to a different sector?

Ramdat
x3ap

Re: How to Pack HQ

Post by Ramdat » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 05:41

carv85x wrote:
Sat, 19. Jun 21, 05:37
I am trying to pack my HQ to get it out of the Void sectors using an Orca with tractor beam and Build Software I and II, but I cannot figure out how to do it. The option to "pack station" is grayed out - does anyone know how to pack it and move it to a different sector?
You don't need the tractor beam. Most special TL actions cannot be completed if you are personally piloting it. Transfer yourself to another ship.

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 06:47

I believe the TL also needs to have enough space to fit boththe wares and the station, but I think as long as you have enough space for the base station, it should let you start the command. Any wares that wouldn't fit on the TL can be loaded up in some high-cargo TSes.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

chip56

Post by chip56 » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 11:37

If its greyed out, thats usually because you dont have the build software mk2. You dont need the tractor beam, i managed to pack stations and auto build complexes with TL without tractor beam just fine.
Lacking storage would pop up a little warning when trying to pack the station that there is not enough.

Since you do have mk2 building software you should try to switch to a different ship.

carv85x
x3tc

Post by carv85x » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 17:10

Thank you very much everyone. Getting out of the ship enabled that option!

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”