[TRANSLATION] X3:FL English Text File

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

[TRANSLATION] X3:FL English Text File

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 16:02

With the release of 1.2, X3 Farnham's Legacy reaches a stable state where we can be sure that there won't be any more text additions or changes. This means that we can now make the text available for translation. Please note that there are currently no translations into for Portuguese or Korean for previous games in the series, so if you would like to translate those, you will need to translate a much larger set of texts (we can provide these on request).

Things to be aware of
For those new to the process, it's important to know that the structure of the file needs to be maintained. Changing any IDs will have undesired results, so keep that in mind.

Code: Select all

<page id="390017" title="Boardcomp. objects" descr="0" voice="yes">
This is the page header and does not need translating.

<t id="2743">200 MJ Shield(speak MJ as Megajoule)</t>
2743 is the ID and should not be changed
200 MJ Shield is the text that will be displayed ingame
(speak MJ as Megajoule) anything in brackets is usually a comment and will not be displayed in game, can be skipped
\(textgoeshere\) unlike above the text here would be visible ingame in brackets due to the leading backslash \ before the bracket

<t id="200">What are you doing? We're not the enemy! Stop the attack on our base immediately.\n\n[center][select value='stop']Agree to stop[/select][/center]</t>
[center] [/center] or [author] [/author] are formatting tags and should not be translated.
[select value='stop'] [/select] these return a value to a script (often Missions) and also should not be translated otherwise it will break the mission

<t id="1104544">\033RWARNING\033X: Game Modified!</t>
\033R \033X these are colour formatting tags and should not be translated

<t id="402">{{actor.voice@L2M137 Offer.Guide},841} Transferring your {value@L2M137 Offer.RewardCr} Cr now!</t>
{value@L2M137 Offer.RewardCr} most things in braces are variables or references to other ID and should not be translated

Download
Attached you'll find the text file that contains the English texts for X3:FL.
0001-L044.xml
(282.04 KiB) Downloaded 155 times

Submitting
Once a translation has been completed, you can submit it via email to me ketraar(at)egosoft(dot)com and put #X3FL Translation as subject. Please send only finished translations; partial translations will not be considered.

Coordination
It may be useful for translators to communicate when they start working on a translation, to avoid people doing work in parallel. Feel free to post in this thread if you have taken on the task of translating into a particular language, or to create a topic in this forum for your specific language to allow collaboration and coordination with others that may want to join.

MFG
Ketraar

Ezendeir
xr

Re: [TRANSLATION] X3:FL English Text File

Post by Ezendeir » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 18:27

I'm on it! I'm translating it in Italian.
Each battle a chance to grow.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 22:54

Russian translation is ready. Testing in progress. :D :x3:

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 10:52

A question about translating the Acronyms section. We use a different set of acronyms in Russian. For example, "Elephant" is "Слон" in Russian, so we have no need to abbreviate the word. On the other side, some Russian acronyms mean something not relevant for an English player: "НД" - "Новый Диск", the publisher of X3TC.
Maybe, we should somehow edit this menu of the Encyclopedia, not only the text file. Is it hard-coded?
Мир всем народам на свете.
Нам не нужна
Война!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 12:52

Its not possible to edit a menu just for one language, it would require having multiple versions which is not going to happen, sorry.

MFG

Ketraar

Ezendeir
xr

Post by Ezendeir » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 18:34

A question. I've noticed that in the file there are no sector names to translate: are they in another file? I wanted to ask since I couldn't translate Sanctuary of Darkness anywhere. Thank you in advance.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 18:43

the file only contains the texts that have changed/added in X3FL

the sector names are mostly from previous games

Ezendeir
xr

Post by Ezendeir » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 19:03

I see. Would it be possible then to translate them again for X3FL? I've played Reunion, TC, and AP, and always felt that some names were off in the Italian translation. If not, I'll just keep working on this file without any problems :) .

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 19:08

No. As it says in the announcement, we won't be accepting partial translations that complicate the process of adding them to the game. For languages that already exist for X3TC and X3AP, you can translate all the texts that are new in X3FL but nothing else; for languages for which there was no previous translation, a full translation of all texts for all three games is required. Sorry to have to be strict about this, but we need to keep the work involved to a minimum.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 29. Jun 21, 03:10

Good day.
Do you have a working template for the LoadScrHD.jpg file? Maybe PSD, to replace the text in Russian and did not spend much time tinkering with the text X3 logo?
:oops:

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 29. Jun 21, 10:46

Already made all supported languages loading files, including Russian. Same for the Intro Menu.

MFG

Ketraar

PS.: For the Logo we didn't want to translate the game name.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 09:37

Quick note considering there has not been any follow up yet regarding translations from other languages. If there are any translation in the works for X3FL consider that the window of opportunity is closing.

MFG

Ketraar

elpepe2546

Post by elpepe2546 » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 08:02

I'll start translating into Spanish, even if I'm new to this but worse is nothing

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 01:10

Ketraar wrote:
PM is not working, some kind of glitch.
Added text and voiceover scheme only for FL.

I will assume you meant it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ndlu8J ... sp=sharing

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”