Xenon Corvette

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Chull
x4

Xenon Corvette

Post by Chull » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 15:58

After much marine training and practice I finally capped a Xenon PX.

Straight away I fit it with Fusion beam cannons on the main guns.

I then go out to test it.... annnnnd I'm blind.

Firing the FBC basically white-outs the entire screen, especially if you use the fight command mk2 switched on.

Can someone on the team tweak the size of the beams down a bit thinner please? Plasma beams seem ok, thin and yellow, but the split and terran beams are huge and very white, a little colour variation would be nice too please :)

Thanks
All religions are all nonsense

Ramdat
x3ap

Re: Xenon Corvette

Post by Ramdat » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 16:09

The same problem happens if you put FBC on the Kogarasu Maru. You can't see anything, so its unusable.

The Khaak corvette is also troublesome because Kyons are beams, and it seems all its weapons are in a circle around the cockpit.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 17:13

Chull wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 15:58

Firing the FBC basically white-outs the entire screen, especially if you use the fight command mk2 switched on.

Can someone on the team tweak the size of the beams down a bit thinner please? Plasma beams seem ok, thin and yellow, but the split and terran beams are huge and very white, a little colour variation would be nice too please :)

Thanks
Yeah it's a common issue with most of the beam weapons except the PBC ... It's part why it's a nice weapon and the rest are total craps (try full PALC on pteranodon lol), they makes you blinds and severely hinder your computer performance.
There was a mod for AP that was changing the models of those beams to be more like the PBC, saving your FPS and your eyes, i don't really understand why they did not take it or did something similar.

Chull
x4

Post by Chull » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 17:47

Midnightknight wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 17:13
Chull wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 15:58

Thanks
Yeah it's a common issue with most of the beam weapons except the PBC ... It's part why it's a nice weapon and the rest are total craps (try full PALC on pteranodon lol), they makes you blinds and severely hinder your computer performance.
There was a mod for AP that was changing the models of those beams to be more like the PBC, saving your FPS and your eyes, i don't really understand why they did not take it or did something similar.
Its funny you mention the Pteradon with PALC, as I have one of those with all 28 beam weapons, BUT I haven't flown it myself, I have been using it as "muscle on call" for when I need help, shame it effects a big ship like that too I had hoped it was because the PX was small that it was blinding me. Guess I'll have to stick to plasma beam cannons only, are the Tri-beam cannons bad also?
All religions are all nonsense

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 18:05

In AP, I had PALCs on the Pteradon's turrets and PPCs in the fixed mounts for combat. That was more effective than PALCs in the fixed mounts.
I did put PALCs in the fixed mounts if I wanted to cap a Valhalla that had anti-boarding systems. That gun is like a super Ion-Disruptor in such situations.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 19:40

Chull wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 17:47
are the Tri-beam cannons bad also?
Yes, similar to PALC. The Xenon I uses them for the upward turrets and they block a significant part of the screen when firing even though they aren't really near the cockpit.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 20:00

Jimmy C wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 18:05
In AP, I had PALCs on the Pteradon's turrets and PPCs in the fixed mounts for combat. That was more effective than PALCs in the fixed mounts.
I did put PALCs in the fixed mounts if I wanted to cap a Valhalla that had anti-boarding systems. That gun is like a super Ion-Disruptor in such situations.
I never put PALCs in main battery, but the left and right turrets can shot forward. Get inside your pteranodon and you will understand lol. When they are firing forward its not for epileptic people.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 02:35

Midnightknight wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 20:00
I never put PALCs in main battery, but the left and right turrets can shot forward. Get inside your pteranodon and you will understand lol.
I have. That's the only way to control it properly when trying to strip the Valhalla of its anti-boarding systems.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”