Reverse Engineering Weapons? - answered

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Random_Tank
x3tc

Reverse Engineering Weapons? - answered

Post by Random_Tank » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 18:39

Potentially a spoiler about races and mid-late game, I have no idea.

Is it possible to reverse engineer weapons? I thought I remember seeing someone mention you use the focus crystals to make khaak weapons, but after aquiring some I have no idea how you do that, or if it's even possible. If not, is discovery points the only way to reliably get decent amounts? Because it's not very reliable.

Wou
x4

Re: Reverse Engineering Weapons?

Post by Wou » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 19:15

As for the Khaak weapons you should find schematics for alpha and beta ones in crates in 'hidden' sectors (the ones you need to find an access point too). And the Gamma one (which is currently unusuable) can only be bought for discovery points AFAIK.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 20:12

I don't know if it's true but.
Spoiler
Show
I have the gamma kyon emitter waiting for me in consecrated fire beta, that i haven't explored yet. But i saw it when using the script telling you where are all the lotables creates in the universe.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 22:36

Random_Tank wrote:
Thu, 17. Jun 21, 18:39
If not, is discovery points the only way to reliably get decent amounts?
If you're talking about weapons in general (as opposed to Khaak weapons), the blackmarket randomly has large stockpiles of some weapons which are otherwise hard to obtain. You can check in the Best Buy menu on the Merchants Buying tab to see what's available in that sector.
Spoiler
Show
I've found large supplies of TriBeam, Photon Pulse, Plasma Beam, Fusion Beam an Ion Cannons, IBL, PSG, etc there.

Random_Tank
x3tc

Post by Random_Tank » Sun, 20. Jun 21, 22:55

Forgot to reply back until now; thanks for the responses! This answers my questions perfectly, guess I better start hunting through the rest of the HSAPs!

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”