NMMC protecting the Duke

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Midnightknight
x4

NMMC protecting the Duke

Post by Midnightknight » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 00:56

Hi,

Just had a strange behavior with DR again. I was in PTNI Beta to make some missions when i saw 2 transporters of the Duke. As NMMC and Teladis are hostiles to the duke at least according this link
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... AE660CDFA/
That was posted on this very forum, i was quite surprised to see all the military ships of the sector turn hostile and start to vaporize my traders.

Bug or some hidden mechanics i'm not aware?

blazenclaw
x3ap

Re: NMMC protecting the Duke

Post by blazenclaw » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 06:18

Not quite sure I'm parsing what you're saying; did you attack the Duke's transporters to trigger the local police to respond against your traders?

Also, Teladi and Duke's are neutral with each other, it's NMMC and Duke's that have beef (while Teladi only dislike Yaki), at least as of 1.1; I don't expect that list to have changed as of 1.2, but you can check via the ingame encyclopedia (which is mostly what I referenced to make that chart from anyway).

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 11:56

blazenclaw wrote:
Thu, 17. Jun 21, 06:18
Not quite sure I'm parsing what you're saying; did you attack the Duke's transporters to trigger the local police to respond against your traders?

Also, Teladi and Duke's are neutral with each other, it's NMMC and Duke's that have beef (while Teladi only dislike Yaki), at least as of 1.1; I don't expect that list to have changed as of 1.2, but you can check via the ingame encyclopedia (which is mostly what I referenced to make that chart from anyway).
When i kill a Duke's freighter in Teladi space i'm rewarded by some money and their thanks, when i kill a Duke's transporter in NMMC sector i'm attacked by their police.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 12:40

Note that the teladi behavor seems to depend on whether its a border or core sector.
I have killed OTAS ships in borders and gotten a reward for that. Killing them in core sectors did end with the military going after me.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 12:48

chip56 wrote:
Thu, 17. Jun 21, 12:40
Note that the teladi behavor seems to depend on whether its a border or core sector.
I have killed OTAS ships in borders and gotten a reward for that. Killing them in core sectors did end with the military going after me.
Need to try this. Will see if killing them in Scale Plate Green or PTNI HQ have different behaviors. But for Duke i shoot them on sight everywhere so i would have noticed Teladis getting mad in their core sectors and never happened before. For NMMC i usually do not fight in their sector so i might have missed it before.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”