Changing Pilots

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Changing Pilots

Post by KipperTheFish » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 23:36

I've gone to all the trouble of training up a universal trader on a smaller ship, just to find when I can afford a bigger boat for him that there seams to be no change pilot command in special commands. Has it moved somewhere, cuz I can't find it!!
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Changing Pilots

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 23:39

The change pilot command has been removed

Just use the normal freight exchange menu

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 23:43

Err... ok. I'll go and try that.
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 17:57

There are other threads nearby with more detailed info on this, but pilots show as a passenger in the cargo bay of their ship. The new ship needs Life Support to receive the pilot as a passenger. Once transferred, go into the new ship's cargo and 'promote' them to pilot. You can remove the Cargo Life Support once he's been promoted. It's actually easier and more immersive than the old system once you get the hang of it. :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 18:01

you dont actually need the Life Support in the Target ship, If the pilot is currently active, and its not the player ship then you can transfer the pilot directly, straight into the pilot of the new ship. They have to be active as the pilot though, not in the passenger bay

you can of course remove the pilot into the passenger bay and transfer that way too

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 19:55

Nice. So pilot-seat to pilot-seat doesn't need Cargo Life Support, but pilot-seat to cargo bay does. It actually makes sense!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 00:52

correct, however if you are flying the ship yourself you take over the pilot seat, and cant then transfer the pilot (if there is one) So in that case you would need to remove them to the passenger bay first

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”