Understanding notoriety pop-up?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Hwitvlf

Understanding notoriety pop-up?

Post by Hwitvlf » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 02:07

I just completed a Split mission which changed my notoriety with them to +8 bars, but I'm having trouble figuring how to read the pop-up. I had assumed the red/green arrows indicated small/large adjustments caused by a mission. How do 3 red arrows relate to moving to +8?

Midnightknight
x4

Re: Understanding notoriety pop-up?

Post by Midnightknight » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 04:01

I personally never understand those pop ups (and usually how the rep swing) and i always check at the players report to really know about what happens. At least the arrows there reflect the change in % in the few last minutes and it's a lot more reliable than those pop ups that shows only when you change ranks.

Also, i noticed they are delayed when sending an agent. The change is taking effect as soon as the agent finished it's work, but the pop up only shows when he returns.

But yeah i'd like to know too how you are supposed to read those.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 04:46

Hwitvlf wrote:
Tue, 15. Jun 21, 02:07
I just completed a Split mission which changed my notoriety with them to +8 bars, but I'm having trouble figuring how to read the pop-up. I had assumed the red/green arrows indicated small/large adjustments caused by a mission. How do 3 red arrows relate to moving to +8?

My guess is that it has to do with how much rep has changed since you last viewed the menu.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 08:08

Note that in the two pictures you show you are actually comparing two slightly different things:
1) On the left side it shows you a single change from a mission and how that affected your relation. Those are not absolute numbers but relations though. Three red arrows means change of of the value of SG_DYNRACE_ENEMY, two means SG_DYNRACE_ENEMY_MAIN. Left one actually looks like a boron mission?
2) This shows you the change for each faction since you last checked this menu. So if you did 5 missions and traded meanwhile and shot some xenon in some random sectors meanwhile it will show you if overal you lost or won any reputation with the factions considering everything that happened meanwhile.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 17:58

chip56 wrote:
Tue, 15. Jun 21, 08:08
Note that in the two pictures you show you are actually comparing two slightly different things:
1) On the left side it shows you a single change from a mission and how that affected your relation. Those are not absolute numbers but relations though. Three red arrows means change of of the value of SG_DYNRACE_ENEMY, two means SG_DYNRACE_ENEMY_MAIN. Left one actually looks like a boron mission?
So the arrows show how severe each faction's response was to the mission. That's exactly what I would have expected it to mean, but the left side shows the pop-up after completing a Split mission to deliver a ship (top image). Pretty sure my Split rank was negative before completing this mission. That's why it's confusing me; it seems the opposite of what you would expect. I've noticed this same 'opposite' pop-up in the past too.

I suspect this might be a bug (v1.1), but I'll pay closer attention to make sure I'm not making a mistake.

Thank you all for your replies :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 18:16

the popup is not directly related to the mission, as it only shows when you gain a rank.

The rank gain will display in the subtitle bar, and the the popup displays how that rank gain effects the other races

its ossible that when you completed the mission, you gained split notoriety, but not enough to move to the next rank, but you were close to the next boron rank and another action increased that, causing the rank up message

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 00:09

Thank you for the clarification.
I did some testing and I think there's a bug which was causing my confusion. The notification works as intended unless you do a mission for an enemy, then the notice is opposite of what it should be.

The picture in the top post was an immediate result of pushing the 'turn over ship" confirmation to complete a Split mission. I even reloaded and did it again because it seemed so contrary to the expected.

To test, I took a Strong Arms (Enemy) assassination mission against Argon (friendly). Upon completion the pop-up shows the opposite of what is expected. I have a save as demonstration if needed. This is v1.1

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”