The impossible mission is impossible?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

punicron
x3

The impossible mission is impossible?

Post by punicron » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 18:32

I'm playing v1.1 and I've been trying to complete the 'Impossible' Tour of a lifetime mission for visiting all the Xenon sectors, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly - when I get to the 10th sector and fly to the station, it then asks me to jump to the sector that I'm already in, and nothing else happens. I've tried flying to the Xenon hub, or back to the station I got the mission from, but nothing seems to make it progress. I've started the mission over again, the order of sectors is random but the same thing happens no matter which sector I'm in.

In the mission briefing it talks about visiting "all eleven Xenon sectors" but I've only found 10, and that's all i can see on the online maps - is this left over from Albion Prelude, when there was another Xenon sector near Aldrin? I've done the mission before in AP so I know it was working there. Or is there some spoilery thing that I haven't unlocked yet?

RunGiantBoom
x4

Re: The impossible mission is impossible?

Post by RunGiantBoom » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 18:45

punicron wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 18:32
I'm playing v1.1 and I've been trying to complete the 'Impossible' Tour of a lifetime mission for visiting all the Xenon sectors, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly - when I get to the 10th sector and fly to the station, it then asks me to jump to the sector that I'm already in, and nothing else happens. I've tried flying to the Xenon hub, or back to the station I got the mission from, but nothing seems to make it progress. I've started the mission over again, the order of sectors is random but the same thing happens no matter which sector I'm in.

In the mission briefing it talks about visiting "all eleven Xenon sectors" but I've only found 10, and that's all i can see on the online maps - is this left over from Albion Prelude, when there was another Xenon sector near Aldrin? I've done the mission before in AP so I know it was working there. Or is there some spoilery thing that I haven't unlocked yet?
Maybe 11 sector means
Spoiler
Show
Sanctuary of darkness
I have same issue with this misson.

punicron
x3

Post by punicron » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 19:09

Thanks, I've discovered that sector but I haven't actually built any accelerators yet (after the plot ones) so it's not connected to the gate network for the jumpdrive. I tried visiting just now via the HSAP but no luck, I might have to try again later!

Ezendeir
xr

Post by Ezendeir » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 23:32

NPCs really want to see death first-hand? :gruebel:

How do you even get a mission like that? And does it give you millions of credits just for the risk of traveling in crowded Xenon Sectors?
Each battle a chance to grow.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 01:44

I remember this same bug in Albion Prelude. To the best of my recollection it was caused if one of the destinations was missing ie a Xenon station was destroyed, but it's been a long time so not sure.

If I see this mission offered in FL, I'll take it and see what happens.

Le Boron Chétif
x3ap

Post by Le Boron Chétif » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 08:31

Same issue as raised by OP, I got asked to visit the same sector I was already in, and couldn't complete the mission after that. All Xenon sectors are intact in my game. Though I am not sure if it's relevant, I haven't discovered Sanctuary of Darkness yet, but one thing I noticed is that the missions states that we need to visit 11 Xenon sectors, when there are only 10 :gruebel:

Xenon Sector 101
Xenon Sector 347
Xenon Sector 472
Xenon Sector 534
Xenon Sector 596
Xenon Sector 597
Xenon Sector 598
Xenon Sector 627
Xenon Sector 695
Xenon Core 023
:boron: Blub?

ranzolger
x4

Post by ranzolger » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 10:30

Xenon Hub?!?

Argent Valcendre

Post by Argent Valcendre » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 15:32

I tried that one, as it is quite risk free with a TP flying at speed above 700 and with some rudder optimization.

Same experience: after visiting the station in Xenon sector 472, I was told to visit sector 472 again. I was already in that sector and there came no further instruction where to go (station or navbeacon). Flying out and in again didn’t help. Shooting a few Xenon M5 for entertainment didn’t convince the tour members either. So I was stuck until timeout and got no payment. I could make the snobs walk the airlock in sector 472 or just bring them to a station elsewhere.

Le Boron Chétif
x3ap

Post by Le Boron Chétif » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 18:18

Argent Valcendre wrote:
Tue, 15. Jun 21, 15:32
I tried that one, as it is quite risk free with a TP flying at speed above 700 and with some rudder optimization.
Looks like many of us have had the same idea... At 808 m/s, my Geochen Miner would have completed that 1.5h mission in 15 minutes :mrgreen: (love the sense of freedom that comes from that speed and the ability to take on any Think or Trade missions!)
:boron: Blub?

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”