Anyone had any luck when using agents to get enemy factory blueprints?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Chull
x4

Anyone had any luck when using agents to get enemy factory blueprints?

Post by Chull » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 14:34

I want to use all the new parts of the game from diplomacy and get a factory blueprint from an enemy, in this case the argon.

So due to me being friendly at the moment with the split and their allies, the argon are enemy. But I want the 200mj shield fab they sell, so I play along that they'r enemy and try to steel the blueprints.

When you try to get stuff from allied factions you get a bar, indicating the probable chance of success, however the same doesn't apply to enemies. So after 8 or 9 attempts using agents and them all failing, in the end I just used the agents to get better rep with the argon, then dock and buy the station myself.

It seems the chance of success is too low, or not even displayed to even bother with using agents against enemy factions to gain blueprints, so is kind of a waste.

Has anyone used agents against enemy factions and if so how to increase success rate? should I be maximum enemy with them?

As far as game play I think being able to keep some factions as enemy yet still get stuff off them via espionage would be better than just persuading them to be your friends again and allow you to buy something.
All religions are all nonsense

Deathifier
xr

Re: Anyone had any luck when using agents to get enemy factory blueprints?

Post by Deathifier » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 16:16

I've acquired various equipment from hostile factions, mainly from Duke's and Strong Arms.

The success rate is not shown however the developers have stated that it increases with each failure.

Sometimes it can take quite a number of attempts to get what you want and, annoyingly, you don't actually get told when you succeed - the equipment just appears.

It is, however, a lot faster to acquire it the friendly way.

Then again, getting Turbo Booster Mk2 for free was quite nice :)

I haven't acquired a station via theft yet although I've tried a few times to get a couple from Strong Arms, so I expect I'll get one sooner or later.

- Deathifier

Utsuho Reiuji
x4

Post by Utsuho Reiuji » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 17:11

I didn't try in 1.2, yet, but prior the update I was hunting down certain factories required for my plans. From experience, it takes about 5 to 6 attempts to steal a factory that costs below two million credits. I stole two factories that cost about 6 million credits within 4 attempts (but here I believe I was just lucky). And currently I am trying to steal a wheat farm and a teladianium foundry of size M which is already taking well over 8 attempts for each.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 19:56

Utsuho Reiuji wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 17:11
And currently I am trying to steal a wheat farm and a teladianium foundry of size M which is already taking well over 8 attempts for each.
That's 2 agents worth of tasks already, to say nothing of the agents and tasks to get the influence needed, correct?
I'm trying to acquire Jumpdrive from the Boron and have failed twice already. Do I have to look forward to a similar number of tries?

atroces

Post by atroces » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 20:11

Jimmy C wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 19:56
Utsuho Reiuji wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 17:11
And currently I am trying to steal a wheat farm and a teladianium foundry of size M which is already taking well over 8 attempts for each.
That's 2 agents worth of tasks already, to say nothing of the agents and tasks to get the influence needed, correct?
I'm trying to acquire Jumpdrive from the Boron and have failed twice already. Do I have to look forward to a similar number of tries?
It is chance, and the better your rep with them the better your chance, as well as the number of attempts. eventually you are guaranteed to get it.

Utsuho Reiuji
x4

Post by Utsuho Reiuji » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 20:18

yes, 8 attempts not including the influence grind. I think it's ok as it is. Even if you fail, you gain some extra chance on your next attempt. This stacks until you successfully stole the item/blueprints.

I managed to steal the jumpdrive in I think 3 or 4 attempts.

Edit: I should also add that while my factories/traders do their thing, I am cruising around and sniping those agent missions. So I tend to have 3 to 4 agents at all times (except for now as I had to move my HQ AGAIN).

atroces

Post by atroces » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 20:28

I also make it a habit to steal/reverse engineer/acquire everything that faction/corp has to offer, so in the future I dont ever have to be concerned with that rep again as far as re-grinding

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”