[Bug?] Teladi Hyper-Aggresive Patrol

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Novvak
x3ap

[Bug?] Teladi Hyper-Aggresive Patrol

Post by Novvak » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 14:36

I have encountered strange behaviour of several Teladi ships who jumped into the sector I was doing a "Defend Station" mission in.
My reputation with Teladi is excellent (8 bars) and I am trading with them regularly, I even own a station complex in Ministry of Finance. Teladi are set to Friendly on my Global Commands.

The sector in which the problem is occuring is PTNI Headquarters Epsilon (west of NMMC HQ homebase). I have accepted a mission to defend a mine, and fought with Yaki.
One of the pirates has abandoned his ship (Yaki Suzanova), so I want to claim it for myself. There is no contraband on the ship, just the shield and triplex scanner.

Soon after claiming the ship, one or more Teladi warships turns hostile and starts attacking me. Their fleet consists of Teladi Military Cormorant, Condor, Tern, Osprey and few fighters (Kea, Buzzard).
I can try to apologise the captain of the hostile ship for shooting at them (even though I was not aggresive towards neither of their ship or station) and it works, but only once. Hostile ship will turn neutral, but will switch back to being hostile in few seconds. Other Teladi Military ships in the sector follow suit and all of them will become hostile after just one of them does.

Escaping the sector doesn't make them friendly again, but all Teladi ships elsewhere are not attacking me.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
Is the ship somehow "tainted" by the fact it has been spawned by a mission? I have claimed other ships spawned by mission in the past and everything was fine.

Midnightknight
x4

Re: [Bug?] Teladi Hyper-Aggresive Patrol

Post by Midnightknight » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 14:47

Yeah do not claim ships until all the response fleet or military are gone. They will shot you the second you claim the "enemy" ship. Should be fixed soon.

If you really want one ship save before claiming it as i do. Will save you a lot of frustration.

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 14:49

Thank you, I will just ignore this one little ship for now, it's not that it makes any difference for me.
I'm just collecting blueprints, and I thought this is a bug worth flaggin on the forums, but I have just read the changelog for the upcoming patch and I realised this is already known.

Apologies for creating a thread, it looks like this is a well-known bug.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 17:31

Old captain Thommohawk says;

Just a thought... similar Teladi behaivour experienced with very similar patrol in vanilla X3AP, even without a mission after pilot bailing and manually (in space suit) claiming ship. ssssSome Teladi patrol comes through gate, hassss been chassssing the ships I just claimed, all red and fires on my capped stuff; *boom* ship gone bye bye. So reload and try saving my ship.

Solution was to iirc - must do this really fast - Save first - timing is everything and you could get exploded while in capped ship:
1) Enter the targeted ship (your capped ship) being attacked, and 2) com the captain of the hostile Teladi patrol and choose ''weapons fire in error" for them to stand down (even though I never fired on them or anything) then they stop. Any missiles already the patrol fired will still be 'live' and could still destroy your capped ship, which is what happened with me, and so I shot 'em down before they hit. balls. I saved two Pirate Kea's that way in the same sector - had capped three of them there, took some doing, but could not save the third...

Another way that sometimes works is (X3AP) to enter bailed ship and eject or transfer to former ship. both examples riske getting destroyed if not done quickly so save game before hand.

So this has not happened to me yet in X3FT so can't say if it worksssss, but maybe worth a try if your cap is important.

dang them trigger finger Teladi...
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”