[bug] Station manager ship issue

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

froger
x4

[bug] Station manager ship issue

Post by froger » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 01:39

Hey so quick run down. I took manuel control of my BoFu SM's ship for a quick sec and now I can't issue it commands even after having removed it from the SM's command. Hey tips?

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Re: [bug] Station manager ship issue

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 02:07

Which version are you playing: Release v1.1 or the beta 1.2?

The 'sledgehammer' method is to use factory SM commands to 'de-homebase' all its ships, then reassign them manually. This is a PITA but should work in all cases :(

The more convenient method is to set that ship's SM command to 'None' in the SM Restrictions option; it'll continue on its current task until it returns to its homebase, where it'll sit idle (with full control re-enabled for you)

V1.2 improves these interactions so similar problems shouldn't recur.. as often ;)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

froger
x4

Post by froger » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 05:01

Sorry should have lead with i'm playing on 1.2beta and thats the thing the SM doesn't have any ship selected and I can't unassagin homebase from the affected ship i'll post a screenshot shortly.

froger
x4

Post by froger » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 05:07

sorry hope they ain't too big

atroces

Post by atroces » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 06:31

When I read you can access the command console again on SM ships, I was happy. When I saw that the console was pretty much useless on SM managed ships, I was disappointed again.

I would like more control, like being able to unassign from homebase, etc.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 01:05

I can't tell from those pics whether you're looking at the SM restrictions properly: the resolution is too poor for my eyes :( While the pic size is fine (tho could use some trimming), zooming in to read text blurs it excessively.. However, what I stated previously still applies, tho I may have not expressed it very well

Using the 'sledgehammer' approach, look at the station the problem ship is homebased to (in the Property menu, if it matters). Pick Advanced|Command Console from the menus, then L-click & select 'Station Manager Restrictions' in any empty slot in the Station Commands window. This should show all ships under that SM's control (ie homebased to that station)

Damn! Just checked (again) & it appears in v1.2 RC1 that the option to de-homebase ships this way was removed :( However, you can still fire the SM (with no consequence: I don't believe SMs gain skill in this iteration of the game) for the same effect: the station's ships should retain their homebase settings, but will no longer be under control of the rebellious SM, leaving you with manual control over them as you wish (I expect most will complete their previous (SM) task prior to notification, if that's turned on)

NOTE that Station Manager will now draw relevant cargo from any docked ship homebased to it, even if that ship is unable (eg by lack of Nav s/w) or order-prevented from active trading for its home. This allows for (eg) cheap storage & utilisation of raw resources with otherwise useless hulks, given docking capacity ofc. This alleviates the old problem of ships with random cargo stacks (perhaps scavenged from a battle site) staying in their hold forever unless explicitly ordered to unload :)
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 01:15

atroces wrote:
Sat, 12. Jun 21, 06:31
I would like more control, like being able to unassign from homebase, etc.
According to DEV discussions elsewhere, if you use SM restrictions to set the ship's orders to 'None', the ship will complete its current task then return to its home. You can't interrupt its outbound task, but you /can/ interrupt its 'return home' task (& hence you can control any such ship once it's docked back at its home)

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”